IGNORED

Leaking Overpants

Harvey_Harrison

Harvey_Harrison

I have a First Gear two-piece rain suit that hasn't been used much due to the lack of rain in Texas, but it was raining on my way to work this morning and I was reminded that I get a wet crotch everytime I wear the overpants. Does First Gear have a website or do I just need to call them.

Paul Mihalka

All rain pants are 100% waterproof in the crotch area. The water gets in there from other places, and as the pants are 100% waterproof, in cannot run out grin.gif

It may be possible that based on your bike's seat shape and pants construction that you are sitting in a puddle of water riding in the rain and water is seeping into the pants via the seam(s). As Paul said, the material is waterproof, until, that is, the material is stiched together. If your pants are not stitched but welded then forget what I said. OTOH, if so, then apply some seam sealer from your favorite camping store.

When donning your rain gear, you are putting the rain jacket on last, over the rain pants which you put on first, right?

I did it vice versa the the first time, with the jacket tucked into the pants. That was a mistake. Water that drips down the side of your jacket enters into your pants that way, and it might well collect in the crotch.

Archived