IGNORED

New GPS mounts for BMW's

Francois_Dumas

Francois,

There mount looks ingenious.

a_GPS176R1150.jpg

Exactly what I achieved for similar reasons (albeit mine was home built for $5). This picture is BEFORE the metal is trimmed and painted to illustrate the mounting points.

gps4.jpg

And the finished product.

gps5.jpg

Designers face interesting choices when choosing methods for attachment. How much of the original bike needs to be destroyed? The less the better obviously.

Regards,

Mike O

The one they have for the 1200GS is the best mount I've seen for above the instrument cluster. It's made by Migsel and is available in the USA at Adventurer's Workshop for $115.

g1200psmovie.gif

g1200ps04.jpg

I'm currently using a RAM mount in exactly the same position, however, the ball points up instead of towards the rider so I can't lower my windscreen down any lower than the third position of six. There may be, yet another, purchase in my future... smile.gif Thanks, Francois! crazy.gif

I have a similar mount, is it the BrackeyIV sorry the actual name escapes me.

The thing I like about mine is that like the one in the photos of this thread it picks up the orignail dash cowl bolts but mine actually has a T piece installed inside the dash and therefore replaces those clip on screws with propper threaded holes in a decent metal plate. Ensures there is no vibration. Not sure if the ones in these pictures do that as the screws appear to be the originals. As with this bracket the one I use can still be removed and leave the bike in original state if you want to.

The thing I like about mine is that like the one in the photos of this thread it picks up the orignail dash cowl bolts but mine actually has a T piece installed inside the dash and therefore replaces those clip on screws with propper threaded holes in a decent metal plate. Ensures there is no vibration. Not sure if the ones in these pictures do that as the screws appear to be the originals. As with this bracket the one I use can still be removed and leave the bike in original state if you want to.

That is the Gadget Guy Bracket IV. I had one on my RT and it was definitely an excellent quality mount. Sturdy and integrated with the bike so well it looked OEM.

That is the Gadget Guy Bracket IV. I had one on my RT and it was definitely an excellent quality mount. Sturdy and integrated with the bike so well it looked OEM.

Yes that's the one. Thanks for the clarification.

Many people have made that remark asking if mine is a genuine BMW item especially since my actual GPS is also a badged BMW unit.

Archived