IGNORED

Toll 25 cents

Paul Mihalka

Paul Mihalka
They have the gall to Charge 25 cents to cross THAT?
Hey, it's a lot cheaper than spending on gas to go around it somewhere else smile.gif

Seems more respectable and a whole lot more interesting than the $2 every few miles on Denver's new loop, the 490(?). Certainly more photogenic! thumbsup.gif

Effervescent

It's gotta be more about screening so bigger trucks don't try it. Bet the workers get to take home the pot!

Nice find!

-Eff

Francois_Dumas

Very scenic..... and 'Potomac' sounds very.. umm.. historic !!

I was pleasantly surprise to find out that on the toll bridges in France folks on two wheels are exeempted from paying toll !!! Who would've thought we get recognized as poor bastards one time, eh? grin.gif

Nice photo ! thumbsup.gif

I always enjoy taking White's ferry across the Potomac fr Leesburg VA to maryland. And while not free it is a bit less for MC than cars and you usually get head of the line privileges.

Paul,

That's great riding territory. Just east of Paw Paw on route 9 (headed toward Berkeley Springs) is a great little overlook to the Potomac. thumbsup.gif

Paul Mihalka

Exactly! thumbsup.gif Where it says Oldtown road and rt.51 is next to the WV border, that's where there toll bridge is.

Exactly!

Actually, it's a little to the west, here. A good run through here connects WV 28 to WV 9 via MD 51 and two bridges, an ordinary (free) bridge at Paw Paw and this little one that doesn't charge the $0.25 toll during off hours.

Hey Paul - I zoomed out on that map and I think north of there was the route you put Laney and I on as a way up into PA on our way to Chicago? "11pm and look at all those DEER!!" It sort of looks familiar?

Hey, it's a lot cheaper than spending on gas to go around it somewhere else

As long as the ride isn't a commute, there's nuttin' wrong with taking the long route... smile.gif

Hey Paul - is there a way to get to this on paved roads? From your picture (nice shot thumbsup.gif) it looks like the route leading to the bridge is paved, but I was just wondering. Totally the type of thing I'd like to take on a weekend ride from Stafford, VA.

THANKS!

Kirsten

Paul Mihalka

Access road is paved on both sides of the bridge. PM me if you'd like precise directions to find it from either side. This goes for anybody else too.

Toll bridges are usually free for m/bikes in the UK -

they don't want us sitting there blocking traffic while we take gloves off and search for loose change through myriad pockets .....then put it all back on again ! grin.gif

Archived