Passenger seat question?

MCBCGC

I am OK with the drivers seat on my 06 R1200RT. The rear seat slopes down in front and forces my wife forward. My qusetion is, can I replace just the rear seat and can I keep the heated option. I dont want to make this look odd but I would like a different slope to the rear seat. Thanks for any advice.

By the way, its not that I do not want her close, its that as she pushes forward its uncomfortable for both of us.

Bud

dont get her to comfortable, last time home i got SO out for a five day ride in the texas hill country, her first extende tour. one day we hit a very twisty road and went through it great, a couple hours later we hit a twisty road and the bike fekt completely wrong. . my buddy wqho was leading solo would have to wait for us much more than usual, finally realized i had given her too much room and she was leaning back against the topcase and enjoying the view. in fairness she did remember what i told her and was leaning with me but being so far bak was just making everything weird. when we finally got to a place to stop and talk we came up rith a signal and she would gety up on me in the twisties and it worked great from there. all im saying is look at all aspects before giving her extra room.

I've had similar problems with different bikes...I found that using a back rest for be gives Mrs Whip some extra support up front and she doesn't slide around when stopping and feels much better riding on the back...

Good Luck

Whip

Archived