IGNORED

A couple of videos

Steve1962

.starting with this one , on the road from Charlbury to Chipping Norton .......... the first little part was done with the camera on a post , as I rode past .......... the rest via a helmet camera .........

http://media.putfile.com/Charlbury-to-Chipping-Norton

and following on from that , the rest of the journey , taking the road from Chipping Norton towards Burford .........

http://media.putfile.com/Chippe-to-Burford

Steve

So let's see: when the needle's pointed straight up on an RT, you're going how fast down a bloody narrow 2 lane road with trees all around you?? eek.gif

Gorgeous scenery as we are all familiar with. Even more fun seeing it in context. clap.gif

.A following wind and downhill section can occasionally mean the speed creeps up [ I don't usually at that pace , ask Andy ] ...........

Steve

So let's see: when the needle's pointed straight up on an RT, you're going how fast down a bloody narrow 2 lane road with trees all around you?? eek.gif

Gorgeous scenery as we are all familiar with. Even more fun seeing it in context. clap.gif

Narrow? They're not narrow, the 7-foot wide Devon lanes I was driving along in my car this morning are narrow. Especially when I met the bus coming the other way eek.gif

The camera always makes things look faster than reality, it must have distorted the needle 'cause Steve doesn't ride that fast.

Andy thumbsup.gif

7ft wide ......... ooo.gifooo.gif

Hope you are enjoying the West Country Andy ,

Steve

I am back at home now, having collected my mother who is visiting us for a fortnight.

I will be desperate for a ride out by next weekend grin.gif

Andy

7ft wide ......... ooo.gifooo.gif

Hope you are enjoying the West Country Andy ,

Steve

I am back at home now, having collected my mother who is visiting us for a fortnight.

I will be desperate for a ride out by next weekend grin.gif

Andy

Andy,

I'll give you a call during the week to see if I can sort out a meet up at the w/end ,

Steve

Cool video. Like others, drives me crazy seeing you on the wrong side. I would kill myself trying to drive over there.

Looked on Google and your right up the road from Abingdon. Owned two Healeys so that is a place of lore for me.

See ya. Bill

You loaded the film backwards. That really give me the heebe jeebe's going that fast on a narrow road with all of those side roads entering the main road.

Francois_Dumas

Man I love the way you Brits talk! grin.gif

If you think THAT is funny, you should hear us Dutch talk !! grin.gifgrin.gif

Great videos Steve, wish I could do that !

Although, I could only make something on our dikes, which are just as wide, or almost, and have some twisties.

The rest of my area would be just as boring for a video clip as the US Midwest ! grin.gif

Francois

Great videos! However, you're going to have to start driving on the 'right' side of the road! Believe it or not, even though the US Midwest is thought to be boring riding, there are many roads in northwestern Illinois and southern Wisconsin that look just like the landscape you ride in. I live two hours west of Chicago and within 15 minutes of my home I can be on some of the most beatiful winding hilly roads I have ever seen! Riding from this area to the northwest toward Galena Illinois is spectacular! The only thing that would make the riding better would be a mountain range in the background--but I have got to go to Colorado for that.

Terry cool.gif

Archived