IGNORED

Adding cruise control to 04 and older Rt

planzman

Yes. There was a thread back in ?2005. I found it by doing a search with +audiovox +cruise +control. Didn't re-read the entire thread, but I believe they were successful, but it required quite a bit of jury-rigging.

Blue Beemer Dude

Do a search on this forum for cruise controls. I remember one quite recently on an Australian company that makes a system for the RT. Unfortunately I lost my disk drive Monday and with it all of my bookmarks. frown.gif

Michael

Also consider MC Cruise.

Both Ednap (Ed) and Uggles (Mark) from this board have the Australian made cruise control fitted on their RTs. http://www.mccruise.com

I've been to the small MC Cruise factory with Ed and Mark and I was very impressed with the production facility.

Do a search for the word "Cruise" with the usernames "Uggles" or "Ednap" and you should find enough info.

Has anybody any info on installing an Audiovox Cruise Control? they are using them on the V strom and FJR with reported good result. Seems that someone could do that here

http://www.fjr1300.info/howto/audiovox.html

http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/store...7&langId=-1

just a thought

Have had the MCCruise unit on my RT for a couple of weeks now and think it is a great addition. Designed for bikes, very functional and extremely well made.

i put the Australian cruise control on my 2002 R1150RT before this years Unrally. Now over 4,000 miles later and it works great. The instructions were also great. I recommend it. (No affiliation with the manufacturer) I ordered it over the internet and had it in hand in less than 10 days.

Happy Cruising

I'll jump in here too and offer to email the install manual for the '03 RT MCCruise unit if you like. It may seem to be a lot of mumbo jumbo on first read but these guys really know their stuff. thumbsup.gif

Cheers

I'd like to know about the installation step that involves cutting the upper stock throttle cable to insert their splitter box. What was it like to install new ends on the cable parts, etc.

Also, I'd like to know if the throttle grip loses its "feel" when the cruise is working. That is, does the grip turn freely on the bar with no resistance?

Thanks!

I'd like to know about the installation step that involves cutting the upper stock throttle cable to insert their splitter box. What was it like to install new ends on the cable parts, etc.

Also, I'd like to know if the throttle grip loses its "feel" when the cruise is working. That is, does the grip turn freely on the bar with no resistance?

Thanks!

In the kit you are supplied with new connectors for the cable ends. A small ferel is slipped over the cable and then a new cable end clamps onto the ferel held in place by double grub screws. Easier to do that to describe.

The splitter box is located on the right side of the bike near the right hand horn. When I look down the front edge of my fuel tank I can see it tucked in out of the way. I must admit cutting the cable was a concern I had in regard to fitting the MCCruise but now that the kit is on I realise it isn't that much of an issue. BTW, if a cable were to snap you can disable the cruise by fitting the standard cable as a replacement to get going again if you wanted to and then refit it to the splitter box at your leisure.

The grip has a certain amount of freeness when the cruise is engaged but not enough to be annoying. If you rock your wrist back and forth gently you can feel the freeness. If you want an extra burst of speed to overtake etc then you can override the cruise by applying more throttle manually.

Archived