IGNORED

Rough Idle

Tapatio

If you take you bike in for service and notice that the bike runs rough at idle afterwards, check your "throttle valve stubs". Mechanics attach das Synchro Tester to these plugs and in some cases they forget to replace them. dopeslap.gif This happened to me as part of my 600 mile service.

I was so proud of diagnosing this myself I thought I'd share my tribal knowledge.

r12tthrottlevalvestupet7.jpg

I'll bite, not being the mechanically inclined type, what is removed by the tech, and what has to be reattached (and where)?

St0nkingByte

I like these pictures but they confuzzle me, maybe a second one a little farther out so I know where to look. I guess I spend too much time riding and not enough time staring at my bike because I'm not sure where the heck on the bike that is. confused.gif

It is part of the throttle tube that connects to the cylinder head. Opposite side of the exhaust. I don't have a picture so I borrowed this one from Touratech. You can barely see the cap on the right side of the picture.

01-044-0210-01.jpg

St0nkingByte
It is part of the throttle tube that connects to the cylinder head. Opposite side of the exhaust. I don't have a picture so I borrowed this one from Touratech. You can barely see the cap on the right side of the picture.

01-044-0210-01.jpg

Ah, OK I feel dumb(er than normal) now. Thanks!

[lazy]Anyone happen to have the part number for that cap? I'll be doing a cannisterectomy soon, so I'll need one, and I might like to have a spare, just in case.[/lazy]

Very good observation, Tapatio. I had to run out and check for mine directly after reading your post. I just had my 6,000 mile service done and, although it runs more smoothly than before they serviced it, I just had to check for myself. I will keep this in my knowledge bank for sure.

Love your hot sauce, by the way. I use it on everything!! lmao.gif

01-044-0210-01.jpg

I'm still the dumbest....I don't see it aaarrrrgggggg

Jim VonBaden

01-044-0210-01.jpg

I'm still the dumbest....I don't see it aaarrrrgggggg

Look at the hose in this shot. Same place on the other side is the plug.

12GS-HB-Bars03.jpg

01-Fastway.jpg

Harder to see here, but it is capped.

Jim cool.gif

Archived