IGNORED

1150RT TPS re-setting input?

T__

Any thoughts on setting the TPS base voltage on the 1150 with the Motronic 2.4?. Anybody seen a change for the better after a re-set? It really helped my old 1100R but didn't seem to do much on this learnable 2.4 system..

(last weekend)--I just did a base voltage re-set on my 02 1150RT (from 3.50V to 3.85V) & now it stalls right after a cold start (didn't do that before).. Doesn't seem to surge any less (wasn't that bad before as I am running without the CCP.. Pulled the #5 fuse for about 20 seconds after all done so Motronic will have to learn again..

Also balanced the TB's,, even water column at idle & less than 1/2" of water at 2000, 3000, 4000 RPM's.. Wasn't far off before balance though (less than 2" of water between sides)

Thanks for any input....

Twisty

Unless the TPS has been moved or replaced, there is no point in setting the baseline TPS voltage on the 1150 or 1200 hexhead series. The Motronic learns the entire TPS voltage range, including the baseline voltage, from the throttle training exercise.

Unless the TPS has been moved or replaced, there is no point in setting the baseline TPS voltage on the 1150 or 1200 hexhead series. The Motronic learns the entire TPS voltage range, including the baseline voltage, from the throttle training exercise.

Ken, thanks, that seems in line with what I know by working with the 2.4 Motronic system in the automobiles.. Any thoughts on why I now have a start stall problem (every cold start after sitting all night).. It never did run smooth right after a cold start but at least did stay running before..

I guess I will pull the computer fuse again & do another re-learn then if no decent cold start pull the L/H Tupper ware again & go back to original TPS base voltage & see if that changes the cold starting..

Twisty

Archived