IGNORED

Maxxis Tires ??

Geraldh

One of our club members has the following question:

"My R80RT requires a new set of tires so I've been checking out the dealers in my local (Pembroke Petawawa) area. One dealer, (Pete's) sells a tire called MAXXIS Promax(M6) for less than Half the price of the other normal tires (Avon, Metzeler & Michelin)!! The TOTAL price for front and rear tire is $165. while Metzeler is $400.

I was wondering if any of the club members have had any experience with these Maxxis tires."

Any one??

Paul Mihalka

I don't know about Maxxis, but I think they are about in the same class as Kenda and Cheng-Shin. If yes, all they are good for is to hold the bike off the floor. For a R80 you can get from Southwest Moto Tires a pair of Metzelers for about $200.-.

I don't know about Maxxis, but I think they are about in the same class as Kenda and Cheng-Shin. If yes, all they are good for is to hold the bike off the floor. For a R80 you can get from Southwest Moto Tires a pair of Metzelers for about $200.-.

That is a bit harsh for Maxxis.

I have not used their street tires but they make great dirt bike tires. They hold up to the desert's rocks and cacti. They last much longer than the others I've tried. I was not aware that they made tires for the street but I will look at them when it is time unless there is a valid reason not to.

Archived