IGNORED

Any Autocom power draw when not in use?

BluegrassPicker

BluegrassPicker

Hooked my autocom active 7 smart directly to fuse 8. Do I have to worry about it running down the battery when the helmet is not connected?

Yes, if that fuse is hot when the key is in the off position. If not, then there shouldn't be a problem. A quick check with a voltmeter should tell you.

Its hot, but I dont think it draws any power unless there is some sort of input. Mine is set up that way, and doesnt have much affect on the battery drain, anymore than the onboard computer does anyway. If I leave the bike parked and not plugged in, the battery will die in just over a week.

But who wants to be off the bike that long?

I don't know about that particular unit, but it's my understanding that units like the Pro M5 and Pro M7 only turn off automatically when cables are disconnected **if they are running on 9 volt internal batteries**

If you're hooking up to the 12 volt external supply the battery saving circuitry doesn't kick in. So, attach it to a switched fuse and be done with it.

John Dickens
Its hot, but I dont think it draws any power unless there is some sort of input. Mine is set up that way, and doesnt have much affect on the battery drain, anymore than the onboard computer does anyway. If I leave the bike parked and not plugged in, the battery will die in just over a week.

But who wants to be off the bike that long?

As I read it the Active 7 switches off when you disconnect the rider headset ONLY when using batteries.

If you use bike power you should wire it so that the power supply is on only when the ignition is on.

If you look at the alternative connector blocks on the power leads you'll see they are wired differently.

BluegrassPicker

Here is autocom's response

---- Tech Support <tech@topgearmail.com> wrote:

> yes you do!!! Ground it to the battery then go to a taillight or

> headlight fuse.

>

>

>

> Subject

>

> Autocom Tech Support

>