IGNORED

maintenance manual for R1200ST

moto_mixon

Hello All!

I purchased a used 2005 R1200ST about a month -- after 30 years off of 2 wheels. You can bet I have a lot to learn. Luckily I tookd the MSF basic course -- I have probably saved myself from doing at least 3 DUMB things thanks to that course. Recommended.

Anyways -- I would like to learn how to do some of the maintenance items. Like oil changes. I only got a single manual from the previous owner. Did the ST come with a manual listing things like torque spec's for tightening the drain plug, where is the #@#$filter (I have since found it), service intervals? The bike is too new for Clymer manuals, I guess. Any websites with details on the ST?

thanks! smile.gif

Hi, moto-

There is a listing of torque values on the web at www.r1200gs.info. Everything except the front forks is the same. Are you asking where the oil filter is? Look under the lower left front corner of the engine. The fuel filter is under the right side bodywork, external of the fuel tank. The air filter is accessed under the right bodywork, upper aft of the engine. Service intervals are 6000 miles.

Frank

Hello All!

I purchased a used 2005 R1200ST about a month -- after 30 years off of 2 wheels. You can bet I have a lot to learn. Luckily I tookd the MSF basic course -- I have probably saved myself from doing at least 3 DUMB things thanks to that course. Recommended.

Anyways -- I would like to learn how to do some of the maintenance items. Like oil changes. I only got a single manual from the previous owner. Did the ST come with a manual listing things like torque spec's for tightening the drain plug, where is the #@#$filter (I have since found it), service intervals? The bike is too new for Clymer manuals, I guess. Any websites with details on the ST?

thanks! smile.gif

There is the official BMW CD available. Motobins in the UK will ship one to you in a few days.

Andy

Archived