IGNORED

Cee Bailey Height Question

aal3

I ordered a 2 1/2" over stock euro cut #2 windshield, but am having some second thoughts; I'm 5'7", and am wondering if I'm going to have some distortion issues due to the #2 cut, and the heightof the windshield. Anyone else about 5'7" use the 2 1/2 over euro cut, or have any comments? Thanks.

I can say that I'm 5'11", and just got a +3 on my 12RT. Is about perfect for me, I still look over the windshield, and even down all the way, the air still goes over me until I hit about 50 or so. I actually miss the option of having the air in the chest when it's hot...

So with the extra 4" I have on you, sounds like maybe you'd be better of with a stock height euro?

I see you ride an 04 RT is that right? I just sold an 04 RT two months ago. I had a CB Euro cut +2H, +2W, and my height is 5'7" as well. If the seat was in the lowest position I would absolutely die behind the screen because I would get no air back there. I then moved the seat to the middle position and there was a huge difference for the better. I now have an 05 RT and I had to go with the +1H, +2W. I tried the +2, +2 on the 05 and it did not work. The screen was just too tall. I now have the Euro cut, light gray tint, +1, +2 and I like it. A couple of times this summer when it was so hot I almost put the stock screen back on it. I am sure it will be great this winter. On the bright side if you do need to swap it out you can ride over to C.B. and exchange it. Chances are they will have yours in stock.

I've got a 2000 RT with the C Bailey Euro cut +2.5 and I really dig it. I'm 5'8" and keep the seat in the lowest position. Great shield.

However, in the summer I put my "modified" stock shield back on because I don't get enough air behind the C bailey. Too damn hot. (By modified, I mean I cut most of the stock shield off so it's as small as possible. The extra air flow is much appreciated in the Atlanta summer.)

Like 12string I'm also 5'11" and have a +3-1/2 on my '04. In the summer it is a little too hot but I can drop it down all the way and see over it fine. I wouldn't go any higher than what you have ordered and you'll be just fine. Get back with us on it and let us know how it worked out.

I've decided to stay with the stock shield for now. The bike had a lagrer bmw shield when I got it, I think 2+, and I actually think there's less turbulance with the stock shield. The stock shield seems good enough right now. I'll see how it feels when it starts to get colder.

Archived