Garmin (276C) discussion board

Q_Sauserle

Good morning everbody!

I've been using a Garmin 276C now for about one year and I'd like to find a discussion board for that device.

Looking into www.garmin.com I couldn't find anything suitable.

Could pls anyone help? Doesn't Garmin have a forum? or is there somewhere out there a privately run forum on Garmin devices?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Walter

Closest thing I've found is "Laying down Tracks" on the ADVrider board.

Hi John,

looked into that ... didn't help a lot, too bad!

There must me a whole bunch of guys out there having the same trouble with their 276Cs I have ... like poor routing ("avoid highways" hasn't been working since 3.91beta, a real issue in the dense Rhein-Ruhr area, where you're never further away from a highway than 5 miles) which drives me nuts ...

... well, I'll keep looking!

thanks for your help!

Walter

Being a newbie at this - just bought one w/ V4.3 by the looks so I may be talking thru my hat and haven't had a real chance to try it out. crazy.gif

Doesn't the Setup/Road Routing/Custom Road Prefs slide bars help you out??

"avoid highways" hasn't been working since 3.91beta, a real issue in the dense Rhein-Ruhr area, where you're never further away from a highway than 5 miles)

276C Software Version 4.10 with Version 7 of City Select US maps.

I just laid in a route that ended up being 104 miles with "avoid highways" off. Turned "avoid highways" on redid the route and it then changed the routing to avoid MAJOR highways and it now measures 136 miles long.

Might I suggest that it's only the European maps that have this? Or perhaps you are expecting it to avoid highways that it doesn't consider major?

Perhaps a call to Garmin support (or an email) would be worthwhile.

Stan

Archived