IGNORED

Glaciers on Fire 3b

Whip

My last installment of our Epic ride ended with us at Going To the Sun in Glacier NP and me sleeping on the side of the road waiting on Richard(BeneciaGT)...When he finally caught up we proceded back the same way we had come. Chris and I knew we weren't gonna stop so we took off.....I followed Chris the entire way to West Glacier...

87547717-L.jpg

87545743-L.jpg

87546378-L.jpg

Just as we got to the end of the road Richard showed up....I wonder if he lost his helmet.

87548734-L.jpg

I love Jammers...

87547471-L.jpg

I saw this sign at the restaurant in West Glacier....I couldn't figure out what porch they were talkin about or I would have gotten Richard to park his bike on it....isn't that why they call him "Balls"

87549034-L.jpg

Somewhere along the way we started checkin out each others chicken strips...When we got to Killer's bike we had a dilemma not only did he have chicken strips he still had the wear nips..

87550094-L.jpg

The rest of the day was spent traveling to Kalispell MT.

In the mornin Chris woke up early and headed for home...we all went back to bed ....again.

It was Laundry Day no need to hurry. If all the previous days did not make Limecreek commit suicide today would have been the day. We didn't get moving until 2:30 in the afternoon. So needless to say we didn't get very far. 107 miles south we stopped for the night in Missoula Montana. We hung out at a geat little bar with some tasty band playin some R&B servin Guiness and Scotch until everything went blurry.

In the mornin I tired to look impatient. It didn't help

87566472-L.jpg

We headed for Lolo pass(around noon) and highway 12 into Idaho.....If you have ever been on a longer, twistyer, better road, please tell me...I haven't...way cool...way fun...

Killer took some great pix of Richard and I racin around on Highway 12....but I think he's still tired so we'll all have to wait for him to rest up so we can see the pix.

87567841-L.jpg

The rest of the trip to follow in a few days.

Whip

Awesome pics...I sure hope we get there this year! Forgot how breathtaking that road is. Loved picture of sleeping beauty by the way. grin.gif He looks so peaceful and innocent. grin.gifgrin.gif

Whip--looks like you all had a very good time. Wished I had come along. Can you see it...me up at 5:30, coffee at 6, packed and ready to roll at 6:30. It would have been a lonely trip for me, eh? crazy.gif

Whip--looks like you all had a very good time. Wished I had come along. Can you see it...me up at 5:30, coffee at 6, packed and ready to roll at 6:30. It would have been a lonely trip for me, eh? crazy.gif

Greg you know I can go either way...this time I did the brunch and ride....with you I would do the wake and ride...

and Paul I would do whatever you want just to be in your company....

Whip

I love that pic....

The best part is...you had to trust me...and we didn't plan it in advance.....I just knew what you were lookin for...

Whip

BeniciaRT_GT
I love that pic....

The best part is...you had to trust me...and we didn't plan it in advance.....I just knew what you were lookin for...

Whip

We won't discuss the 30 seconds after the picture!!!

Now that was pure HOONIN' of the first degree!!!

I love that pic....

Whip

We won't discuss the 30 seconds after the picture!!!

Now that was pure HOONIN' of the first degree!!!

Just remember if your at redline don't downshift dopeslap.gif

You could scare yourself eek.gif

Whip

When we got to Killer's bike we had a dilemma not only did he have chicken strips he still had the wear nips..
Those frigging things are made of Kevlar! There are still some there after 4000 miles on the tyres and even though I have been almost to the edge numerous times. In future I'm going to take a razor to them before photos can be obtained. But I don't really care since I'm posting this from my bed in Hawaii...
BeniciaRT_GT
When we got to Killer's bike we had a dilemma not only did he have chicken strips he still had the wear nips..
Those frigging things are made of Kevlar! There are still some there after 4000 miles on the tyres and even though I have been almost to the edge numerous times. In future I'm going to take a razor to them before photos can be obtained. But I don't really care since I'm posting this from my bed in Hawaii...

Listen Pork Chop:

They aren't even in a class of Chicken Strips, they are a whole chicken breast! The only edge you've been to is the edge of the center groove!

I watched carefully, and I know for a fact this is the most severe lean angle that bike saw on the whole trip:

PorkChopLeanAngle.JPG

That is why I took the picture, as I watched you through Lolo Pass!!!

Paul Mihalka

Just in case, if a group rides together more or less at the same speed, the one who ends up with the widest chicken strips is the best rider! grin.gif

Just in case, if a group rides together more or less at the same speed, the one who ends up with the widest chicken strips is the best rider! grin.gif

Hey Paul

No one said anything about the same speed....but he does have an excuse there...his 100k 2002RT had it's hands full with the FJR and the 2 new GTs....

Whip

"But I don't really care since I'm posting this from my bed in Hawaii..."

I'm glad your getting some rest...when are ya post all those pix you took. grin.gif

Whip

"But I don't really care since I'm posting this from my bed in Hawaii..."

I'm glad your getting some rest...when are ya post all those pix you took. grin.gif

Whip

My computer works from the side of the pool too, maybe I'll get to it after soccer practice today, between the 2nd and 3rd Mai Tais.
I swear, who needs cable when we have this comedy show?!

Have to agree; don't know what's better - the pictures or the commentary. Thanx for sharing!!

Archived