IGNORED

Twinmax hose not sealing

bwr

Just got a Twinmax and am playing around with it a bit before attempting a TB synch. Problem is that the hoses don't seem to get a good seal on the TB pipes. I thought that the stock hoses were supposed to fit all BMWs (?). The hoses are loose enough that they will almost fall off if the engine's not running. When it is running, they suck on -- but there doesn't seem to be a really good seal. I can change the needle's reading a lot by jiggling the hoses around.

Is this common and is there an easy way to effect a good seal?

Thx.

Same with mine. I use a small length of 3/16" plastic hose over the vacuum nipple before I put on the rubber hose. If you do this, make sure that the plastic tube is not much longer than the brass nipple or it can collapse with the vacuum.

Just got a Twinmax and am playing around with it a bit before attempting a TB synch. Problem is that the hoses don't seem to get a good seal on the TB pipes. I thought that the stock hoses were supposed to fit all BMWs (?). The hoses are loose enough that they will almost fall off if the engine's not running. When it is running, they suck on -- but there doesn't seem to be a really good seal. I can change the needle's reading a lot by jiggling the hoses around.

Is this common and is there an easy way to effect a good seal?

Thx.

I bought a Twinmax a couple of weeks ago from Santa Cruz BMW, it had a couple of small hoses and nipple adapters to convert to the larger size hoses.

No big Whup, just improvise thumbsup.gif

My TwinMax also came with two couplers and two sections of smaller diameter hose. The small hoses are exactly the same size as the vacuum hoses that are on the RT and, therefore, fit perfectly. If that stuff didn't come with your TwinMax, a quick trip to the hardware store should solve your problems quickly and with minimal cost.

My Twinmax also did not come with smaller diameter connectors so I stopped by the auto supply store and bought a box of assorted rubber vacuum connectors for $3 or $4 - two of them were the right size and provided a tight fit with the Twinmax hoses.

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions thumbsup.gif It's good to know that my experience is typical. I'll swing by the autoparts store or hardware on my way home today.

Cheers.

Archived