IGNORED

Sargent Seats > which material do you prefer?

eakins

NewtomeR850R

I ordered the carbon fx because I believe it would be easier to clean, considering the weaves are smaller. Thats the only reason I chose the carbonfx, I've seen both and they look very nice!

I got the grip-tex on my last BMW seat, and have ordered it for the DR650 seat they have now. Worked good for me, I have no experience with the carbon-fx.

Mike

P.S. There is a coupon you can print from their website worth $25.00 off, good for the month of August !

I've had both: carbonfx on my departed SV650, and griptex on my GS. The carbonfx would get slippery after washing and drying the bike, causing me to slide around on the seat for a day or so afterward. I haven't experienced that with the griptex on the GS. Come to think of it, I don't wash the GS much. smirk.gif

I have CarbonX and my friend has Griptex; both on 1200RT's...Can't be a big rip difference...Maybe the CarbonX is slipperier but I don't have a problem....

Phil.........Redbrick

Bill, I've had both and preferred the Griptex. It's cooler and, as has been previously stated, is not as slippery.

It does take longer to dry though.

I've had a griptex and found that it traps dust and dirt. I now have the carbon FX on the KRS and like it just fine.

Bill, I've had both and preferred the Griptex. It's cooler and, as has been previously stated, is not as slippery.

It does take longer to dry though.

Steve, you mean the seat on the GS still gets wet inside that trailer? grin.gif

Ducking and running for cover lmao.gif

mine is carbonfx, but i'll be no help as i've never tried the griptex. i do like the seat and look. did not get the silver welt to match my rt color.

Of course, Al. I once knocked over my martini on it. That's how I know. tongue.gif

grin.gif

pedro cerveza

Of course, Al. I once knocked over my martini on it. That's how I know. tongue.gif

grin.gif [/quote

Shaken... or stired?

Having both Griptex and CarbonFX on bikes at the moment, I find the difference boils down mostly to appearance. I think the Griptex looks a bit more substantial and rugged, while the CarbonFX appears a bit more refined. Functionally, I have no preference.

A friend who had the Griptex on a bike says that it was "too grippy" when riding in jeans. If I have ever ridden the RT with the Griptex seat while wearing jeans, it did not register with me as a problem. I have also heard it said that the Griptex is difficult to dry, due to the pronounced texture, if it gets wet. I have found that to not be the case - one good wipe with a terry or microfiber towel and it is dry.

You won't go wrong, either way.

Shaken... or stired?

Shaken, of course. Preferrably on a quick twisty road. wink.gif

James_Bond_martini_183541a.jpg

Shaken, not stirred. Brilliant.

Archived