IGNORED

Windshield question

aal3

The 04 1150 rt I recently got had the "deluxe" windshield on it, part no. 71607669515, which is, I believe, 2" taller than stock. Someone suggested to me that these in fact came as the standard windshields in 04. Anyone know about this?

Thanks Ken. Do you know if this middle size is the one that ordinarly came stock with the bike?
The bike could be ordered with any of the screens, so you really can't say one of them was "stock."

Certianly the middle one is the most common though.

Al Navecky Jr

Sorry to hijack this thread. But is it true that the 04 RT windshield is different? I got a Cee Bailey for a 04 RT and it would not fit my 00 RT. The mounting hole were about ¼ to 3/8 too wide. I called Cee Bailey and they said the 04 windshield is cit different. Any one else see this??

Thanks

Sorry to hijack this thread. But is it true that the 04 RT windshield is different? I got a Cee Bailey for a 04 RT and it would not fit my 00 RT. The mounting hole were about ¼ to 3/8 too wide. I called Cee Bailey and they said the 04 windshield is cit different. Any one else see this??

Thanks

Yes, on certain '04s there is a slight difference in spacing.

Archived