IGNORED

Disabling the IF Sensor on a Garmin 2610

twilmotte

I've read a few posts advising that disabling the IF sensor on the Garmin 2610 will keep the screen display from changing while riding in bright sunlight. When I finally got around to reading my Owner's Manual, however, I couldn't find any reference to disabling the IF sensor. Can anyone clue me in on how to do it? It is very annoying when (for no apparent reason) my screen display sometimes changes while I'm riding. confused.gif

Tom,

To disable the IR remote control: From any page, press the 'Menu' key, then select 'Options'. Select the 'General' tab, then press the 'Menu' key. Select 'Disable Remote'."

Thanks, Herman. That was easy enough. Now I'm anxious to see if disabling the IF sensor will help my screen stay on task. wave.gif

I used the somewhat more "primitive" method - a piece of electrical tape over the sensor. tongue.gif

And it does help the unit stay on task. grin.gif

Gonna be pedantic, twilmotte. IR stands for infrared. Sunlight contains infrared light, and of course, so does the remote control.

It's not IF.

Hope that's helpful. One way or the other, I sure am AR.

You may have to update the firmware in your unit if you don't see that option. The Garmin updater will check for the latest update for you.

Archived