IGNORED

metzler m1's on an rt?

KER

i have a co-worker that has a set of Metzler M1 tires that are about 80% and wants to get rid of them CHEAP. Has anyone ran these tires on an RT with good results?

I haven't tried those yet, but I've never seen a Metzler that my RT didn't like. If they're cheap enough, I'd try them out. Worst thing that could happen is that they wear too fast, or you don't like the way they handle, and just change back to what you're running now.

Sure you could, but it kind of begs the question, "Why?"

Cheap tires would be one answer, but the wear life of them is going to be really poor I suspect.

Sure you could, but it kind of begs the question, "Why?"

Cheap tires would be one answer, but the wear life of them is going to be really poor I suspect.

my thoughts were the same, being that they are super-sport tires and weren't really made with a 700lbs bike in mind. However, the tires would be $60 for a set and that makes it very tempting.

Joe Frickin' Friday
my thoughts were the same, being that they are super-sport tires and weren't really made with a 700lbs bike in mind.

Check the load capacity on the tires' sidewalls and see if they're comparable with the rating on a Z-6 or other tire that you know is suitable for the RT. If it's anywhere close, go for it.

Never ran M-1's but once got a great deal on a set of BT-50's. They were toast in about 1800 miles, but otherwise did fine. With the price being right, go for it.

Paul Mihalka
i have a co-worker that has a set of Metzler M1 tires that are about 80% and wants to get rid of them CHEAP. Has anyone ran these tires on an RT with good results?
If you mount your own tires it may be a good deal. If a shop mounts your tires, you have to add that into the total cost of the tire, and with expected low mileage it may not be such a great deal.
Calvin  (no socks)

The last set of M1s got me 4500 miles from home... 100 degree air temps and 100+ asphalt at triple digit speeds...Still good considering they are soft... dopeslap.gif

The original M1'S on my S were toast @ 2500 miles. Stuck like glue, but not enough wear for me. I have a set of Z6's on it now and they're ok. Probably will try the M3's next time.

Archived