IGNORED

BMW Only Track Day FRI August 11 @ Infineon

Honard

Cary,

Thanks for putting together a great track day. Eventhough I'm not from the Marin area, I felt welcome, met a lot of wonderful people and had a heck of a good time. Count me in on your next track day.

Tim

skinny_tom (aka boney)

I stopped by for a short while with my BBQ and some watermelon. Watched some riding from on up on the hill, made some new friends.

I didn't see a camera once.

Cary,

Thanks for putting together a great track day. Eventhough I'm not from the Marin area, I felt welcome, met a lot of wonderful people and had a heck of a good time. Count me in on your next track day.

Tim

Dang man I was counting on YOU to take the pictures confused.gifgrin.gif It was a great day but never send two Tims to a track dya because I guess you get no pictures. I hung out with the Bmw guys a bit but the only ones I recognised were from Marin BMW.. Cary has an HP2 thats motarded (sic) that looked like fun. It was funny, he'd go down the front straight and the suspension was so long and soft it looked like he was on a pogo stick.

I did three days at the track last week as my reward for overcoming back surgery. Two at thunderhill and one at Sears. I can really tell I havent been on a bike in five months eek.gif. I was in the race group and it was ok but i was definitely towrds the slow end. Lots of AMA caliber guys there getting practice for the AFM weekend. Watch for a kid named Bobby Fong. he probably will have a factory ride within a year or two. amazing. its fun to watch guys with real skill go past you and back it into the corner eek.gif Next time i will break out the camera. I always seem top have something to do or someone to talk to. too busy to take pictures but i will try and get some of Russell and Lisa next month at Reno fernley. we have a great track photog here in Northeren ca. 65 bucks for a whole cd of you maybe 15-20 pictures. I have to stop sucking and improve otherwise all my pictures will look the same . Pics are a good way to gauge you r body position progress. Noone had a K1200 GT out there and they werent letting the demo bikes out either bncry.gifwave.gif

bye

russell_bynum

Cary has an HP2 thats motarded (sic) that looked like fun. It was funny, he'd go down the front straight and the suspension was so long and soft it looked like he was on a pogo stick.

LOL!!!! I'll bet it really pissed people off when he passed 'em on that thing. grin.gif

BeniciaRT_GT
Noone had a K1200 GT out there and they werent letting the demo bikes out either bncry.gifwave.gif

bye

Well, I was very close, but ended up spending the money before I could sign up...I really would have enjoyed it!!!

Maybe one day soon.

I'd love to hear more about the event, how the groups were organized, what the mood was, etc.

I badly wanted to sign up when I was visiting marin bmw a couple of weeks ago, but alas I had just made a couple of farkle purchases and my fun-money jar was inadequate smile.gif

Having never been to a track day, I thought this one would be a good intro, so I'm curious to hear more from those who went. Looking forward to the next one...

russell_bynum

Having never been to a track day, I thought this one would be a good intro, so I'm curious to hear more from those who went. Looking forward to the next one...

My $0.02: Don't start with a track day. Spend a little more and start with a track school. And I don't mean the lame little 1-hour class followed by semi-random on-track instruction that many of the track day organizations do (although...that's usually better than nothing). Bite the bullet and do it right...go do a day with Code, Pridmore, Spencer, etc. Get a good foundation and figure out what your bad habits are, and what you need to do to fix them.

If you just go jump on the track, you're going to be in an environment where it is very easy to push yourself. The problem is, if you don't have a good solid foundation of skills, you're likely to just go out there and make the same mistakes you're making on the street...at increasingly higher speeds. I don't think I need to tell you what the probable outcome of that scenario is. crazy.gif

You'll spend a little more to do it right, but it'll be the best money you ever spent on motorcycling.

Archived