IGNORED

Gear shift lever

BMWJOHN

Is the gear shift lever on my '04 R1150 RT adjustable? My realy good (expensive) boots won't fit under the lever for proper shifting. An adjustment there would be cheaper than lowering the pegs. Would raising the lever cause any problems? Thanks in advance!

Look behind the left footpeg in the kickplate for a 'figure 8 slot' with a hexbolt in it. The bolt (up/down) will adjust the shifter height. smile.gif

ShovelStrokeEd

Look just under the dimpled section behind the rider's footpeg and you'll see the slot he is talking about.

Stan Walker

That external adjustment only existed on the 1100 RT's.

On the 1150 RT's you have to adjust the link behind the sideplate.

Stan

There is no slot on the left side under the dimplled area as shown in the MAX BMW fiche! Sooo how can I adjust the shift lever? There is no hex head bolt behind where the slot would apear to be. There is two ball joints connected with a short threded on one end bolt. I am begining to think this is not adjustable.

I have the same problem and I shift by hooking the lever with the edge of my boot. I am still planning on a heel shift design...John S

I lowered my pegs because I had trouble getting my boot toe under the shift lever. Now the shift lever is fine. However, now the brake pedal is too high. My 02RT already has a hair trigger brake pedal. Is the foot brake lever adjustable?

BTW my 02 has the early rear modulator, but I'll save that for another thread. Thanks, Tony

Archived