IGNORED

R1200RT screen cleaning

Albion

Has anyone devised a simple way of cleaning the lower inside of the screen where it comes towards the panelwork and mounts? It's really inaccessible, and although I can poke a cloth some of the way, only partial success.

Irritates me seeing the rest of the screen gleaming while the area in question is a mass of water marks.

I guess I could remove the screen completely to do a 100% job, but that seems like overkill.

Thanks

What screen are you referring to? The instrument panel screen seems accessible enough, so you must be referring to the WINDscreen. I have noticed this too, but it is easier to get down in there if you raise it all the way.

Jay

Has anyone devised a simple way of cleaning the lower inside of the screen where it comes towards the panelwork and mounts? It's really inaccessible, and although I can poke a cloth some of the way, only partial success.

Irritates me seeing the rest of the screen gleaming while the area in question is a mass of water marks.

I guess I could remove the screen completely to do a 100% job, but that seems like overkill.

Thanks

When I clean my R1150RT, which is infrequently - ie during services, I just take the screen off and soak it the bath with the other tupperware. A quick once-over with plexus and back on the bike. Sorted thumbsup.gif

For the less lazy folk, Halfords sell a range of sponges on sticks for detailing chav-mobiles. One of those with a cloth wrapped around it would do the job quite nicely.

Andy thumbsup.gif

I just take the screen off and soak it the bath with the other tupperware. A quick once-over with plexus and back on the bike. Sorted thumbsup.gif
Hmm, taking the windshield off never even occurred to me.

I must be losing it.

AD

Archived