IGNORED

Deer

Darren

Hi guys had aheart stopping moment last night, riding through the New Forest in Hampshire, on the A35 from Lymington to Christchurch at about 9.30pm, following a Hyundai Coupe. The car driver was not paying attention , when from the right side of the road, I sensed a movement, the car driver only reacted after I had hauled on both brakes, swmbo screaming in the intercom, my friend on his Triumph Daytona 595 sitting on my tail. A fully grown female Roe Deer attempting to be road kill. I had forgotten how flat an R1100Rt stays when hard on the brakes, and the ABS did not cut in, I must be getting good cool.gifI have forgotten that riding in the forest at night is so bad for the heart.

Enjoy the rest of the summer

Darren

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Aren't you glad you came through it okay? And it was kind of nice for the car to be on point.

And there are so many folks on other threads who complain about servo assist brakes, linked brakes, on and on. When you're looking the doe in her eyes, and you needed to react at least a second ago, but now is better than later, it's grab both brakes hard and stop. The linked servo brakes do that exceptionally well and under control, better than any motorcycle I've ridden. Glad you were able to miss the deer.

Archived