IGNORED

Ohlins LOVE THEM

ESchwab855

Just finished installing Ohlins on my 02 K12RS OMG they are so sweet. Haven't set the sag on them yet but the bike feels 2" taller And planted to the road. I had not noticed how soft the stock shocks had gotten but with 50,000 smiles on them this was the best money I had spent on my bike if your on the fence for shocks GET THEM and fall in love all over agian

Eric thumbsup.gif

Dennis Andress

Ohlins are sweat, especially after riding the stock shocks for so long. As I just found out, rebuilding the Ohlins is another bitter pill to swallow - $x$x$

Dennis

Paul Mihalka
As I just found out, rebuilding the Ohlins is another bitter pill to swallow - $x$x$

Dennis

May be, but less bitter than buying a new set of stock shocks every 30 to 50k miles.
Ohlins are sweat, especially after riding the stock shocks for so long. As I just found out, rebuilding the Ohlins is another bitter pill to swallow - $x$x$

Dennis

Guess I should have checked that out but got them on Ebay used with 4000 miles on them less than 1000.00. Ummmmmmm how much is rebuild heard 350.00 every 20,000 ish

Eric

duckbubbles
Ummmmmmm how much is rebuild heard 350.00 every 20,000 ish

Eric

That is only for the extra anal types. I've run mine more than 50,000 miles with no problems, finally had the seal start leaking. Feel for the clicks in the rebound damping adjuster. When it no longer clicks, you have lost the nitrogen charge. My last rebuild, by Ohlins USA, cost me less than $200 with a new piggyback cylinder included. (Single shock)

Frank

Dennis Andress

At 25,000 miles mine had became stiff and unresponsive. Changing dampening helped but only for a while before I'd need to change it again. For spring Torrey they worked better when the bike was loaded. By the time I got home the rebound dampening was pretty far gone so I took them off and put the OEM shocks on for Gunnison.

I paid $150 a shock for the rebuild and, because I weigh more than the guy I bought the bike from, I needed a stronger rear spring for $100 more.

That is only for the extra anal types.

Uh-oh - I must have one of those extra anals... blush.gif (I wonder where I put it?)

Mine felt pretty awful after 26K. The Ohlins dealer that rebuilt them said they were very low on pressure. I don't know why, but hopefully now they'll feel as good as they once did. smile.gif The rebuild was $150/shock, plus $100 to get the spring changed on the rear. (The dealer I bought it from insisted on selling me shocks with the standard spring, and I'm about 50 lbs. shy of what the average spring is intended for)

That is only for the extra anal types.

Uh-oh - I must have one of those extra anals... blush.gif (I wonder where I put it?)

Mine felt pretty awful after 26K. The Ohlins dealer that rebuilt them said they were very low on pressure. I don't know why, but hopefully now they'll feel as good as they once did. smile.gif The rebuild was $150/shock, plus $100 to get the spring changed on the rear. (The dealer I bought it from insisted on selling me shocks with the standard spring, and I'm about 50 lbs. shy of what the average spring is intended for)

OUCH on the spring change a shock and spring shop changed mine here for 10.00. 100.00 had to be spring and install right

Eric

ProductUser

Where did you guys have your Ohlins rebuilt? I have about 20k on my Ohlins and the front is leaking.

Thanks,

Tony

Where did you guys have your Ohlins rebuilt? I have about 20k on my Ohlins and the front is leaking.

Thanks,

Tony

Ohlins web site has a list of shops that do the work in the US. think there is a few in AZ. Ohlins.com

Dennis Andress

I used Kyle Racing. They began working on the shocks the day they received them and called me on the second day with status and the news that I needed a new spring. They had to order the spring and then the Moto GP races stole their attention for a couple of days (they are located near Laguna Seca). My shocks were done and in the mail eight days after they received them. I installed the shocks yesterday and am happy with their work.

Dennis

Thanks,

Tony

Tony,

I use:

Serrano's Motrosports Service

4532 S. 12th Ave

Tucson, AZ 85714

520-294-9691(phone)

520-889-5471 (fax)

Carlos is a great guy to deal with and if anyone is local and needs their Ohlins serviced, I would highly recommend his shop. I did not inquire about mail-order business.

Mick

Tucson

100.00 had to be spring and install right

Yep, it was the spring + installation, installed while they were doing the rebuild. The rear shock total was $270 since it was really low on gas.

Archived