IGNORED

1200RT Tool kit

BSAtoBMW

As the stock tool kit is a little sparse I purchased the supplemental kit. Now I need some help figuring out what all this stuff does.

1. Stange black plastic thing?

2. Two hollow tube type wrenches. One is a spark plug wrench but what is the other one?

3. etc.

Thanks for any help!

Well, as for number 1 I suspect this is the tool to loosten/tighten the oil cap on the left side valve cover. Mine came with the Fisher Price tool kit dopeslap.gif which I augmented myself so you'll need someone else to describe 2 and 3 of your question. Oh and before you ask, yes that flat black plastic thing in with your owners manual is your spare key. confused.gif

As the stock tool kit is a little sparse I purchased the supplemental kit. Now I need some help figuring out what all this stuff does.

1. Stange black plastic thing?

2. Two hollow tube type wrenches. One is a spark plug wrench but what is the other one?

3. etc.

Thanks for any help!

1. should be the spark-plug cap puller

2. think it fits into front axle to stop it from spinning. Haven't tried it tho.

3.Buy the flat repair kit too. Useful in a pinch.

ShovelStrokeEd

Sigh,

When I bought my first new BMW, it came with a tool kit that allowed me to perform all the normal maintenace on the bike. Even had an air pump on the frame and a neatly folded BMW shop rag in the tool tray. Things have been going to hell ever since. dopeslap.gif

Archived