IGNORED

Cee Bailey Windshield

Rotor

Brand new to the site; forgive me if I ask for previously discussed information as I'm still learning my way around.

Was riding last week and got caught in the rain on my 05 R12RT. I wear an open face helmet and if felt as though I didn't have a windshield at all. The rain stung like crazy on my face. I adjusted the shield and even the speed to no avail and used my hand to try and isolate where it was coming from - never did figure it out. I owned an 1150 RT and never had this problem. Said that to say this; has anyone had any experience with the Cee Bailey's Windshield? If so, would you elaborate? How is protection, wind buffet, sound, did it alter bike performance/handling and not least of all the rain? Would anyone recommend another brand over the Cee Bailey's? Thanks in advance.

Rotor confused.gif

Cee Bailey makes a quality product - my last bike was an Adventure and I had a CB screen - it was great. I'mm looking at the ZTechnic Vstream for my R12RT - I've heard good feedback on it.

I have a +1h +3w Cee Bailey on an 06 RT. The screen is very good quality but the situation you describe does not go away with the addition of this windshield. I found by experimenting with my hand that the rain you're speaking of is coming up behind the screen. I too ride sometimes without a face shield and this prompted me to pursue the problem. You'll also find that you can get bug splatters on the inside as well from the same phenomenon. I don't have a fix for you but I have toyed with the idea of fabricating a lip from some appropriate sized weatherstripping or installing some kind of brush to provide a water seal. You may have seen these brushes used at times around wheel openings to contain the spray produced by the rear tires on large trucks. This would be a particularly nice option since the bristles would bend to accomodate various screen positions. Good luck.

Al,

You hit it dead-on! Bugs do sometimes smash themselves to the inside of the screen and I'm sure you're theory is correct. At least this gives me something to work with. If anyone has already solved this issue I'd sure appreciate a note.

Thanks Al,

Rotor

Aeroflo sells an "air management kit" for $120 that is supposed to manage the airflow around the bottom of the RT's shield. I'm considering adding it to my Cee Bailey screen. Has anyone tried it or heard about its effectiveness?

Schupo,

Can you provide a web-site for Aeroflo? I tried Google and Yahoo but only came up with Hydroponic sites. I'm not wanting to grow anything; however, the water coming around my shield would surely accomodate it.

Thanks,

Rotor

Archived