IGNORED

What does this dash symbol mean?

JayW

Yes, I am one of those that read the manual from cover to cover on my first night of ownership, but I can't find this symbol explained. It is at the top of the dash, just below the high beam indicator. It looks like a circle inside dashed parentheses (0)

It has never come on, but I can clearly see it grayed out in direct sunlight.

Any ideas?

Jay

That is there for the upcoming Brake Pad Wear Indicator system coming on the bike in 2007. That light illuminates when the brake pads get low, signifying time for replacement. The key word from above is UPCOMING. That is, its not out yet, but they chose to start building the instrument panels with the light (doesn't actually light) already designed in. Bikes hitting the production line in Jan/Feb 2007 will have the option installable

So how do we know when the pads are worn on the current models? I suppose we have to acually bend over and look at them, or listen for the sound of the metal backing plate grinding against the rotor. crazy.gif

I wonder if the pads have a warning strip that makes noise before then, like many cars pads have built in?

Jay

Nah, no warning strip that I know of, just physically looking is the best/only way for us current R12RT owners.

Archived