IGNORED

Silly Silly Me

JCBMW

Heres to the guy who is kind enough to get off his couch and give you a ride to the nearest gas station. By the way...his name is Al, and if you ever find yourself over on RT 8 in Otis MA, and in DIRE need of fuel (because the only station in Sandisfield is closed) stop by and see him.

Yeah, so there I was out for a ride, listening to the hum of the bike and taking in the sites when I looked down at the display only to see the warning light flashing and seeing that I had about 26 miles of fuel left. "No Problem" I exclaimed. I'll just stop at that little hole in the wall in Sandisfield and get some. So I pull in (with 6 miles left to the tank) shut her down and remove the helmet only to say " OOOHH NOOOO!!!!, CLOSED???, CLOSED????" Yes, he was closed. OK so now what to do. After some thought, I finally figured since I new that the nearest place South on 8 was wayyyy down the road in CT, that I'd head North.

North I went, watching the display, 5, 4, 3, Otis town line, 2, 1 mile left, gotta stop and seek help.

Hmm....No one home at the first 4 houses I knocked at. Imagine my embarreassment at even having to do such a thing. Ahaaaa. Hello nice lady. She must of been like, who is this man at my door? So I explain the situation to her and ask if she knew how far it was to the nearest gas station to which she says "Oh, bout 5 miles" . Yeah, no good for me. By the way ma'am, if you happen to have a gallon of gas in a can for you mower I'll give you five bucks for it. She checks. It's empty. Darn. Then along comes her hubby, the forementioned "Al" . Al was nice enough to bring two, two gallon cans and bring me up to Larry's gas station. We had a nice ride and good conversation along the way. After we filled em up and put the balance of the leftover cash I had given the clerk into his car, he drove me back to my bike. Being as that I believe one hand washes another, I used one of the two gallon cans for my bike and told him keep the other for his mower. I said see you later and thank you, exchanged a handshake, and I rode up to Larry's and topped her off.

All is well that ends well.

Oh Just in case you are ever heading up RT 8 into Sandisfield and need fuel. Get there before 6 p.m. That's closing time. If you miss it. Drive 5 miles and look for Al

dopeslap.gif

I gotta ask. Where's the display that shows number of fuel miles left? I have an '02RT, & can't find it. Sure would like to,though. cool.gif

Paul Mihalka
I gotta ask. Where's the display that shows number of fuel miles left? I have an '02RT, & can't find it. Sure would like to,though. cool.gif
I would guess it was on the K1200R with a "board computer". That shows these things...

Take the bike out and note the present odometer reading. Ride until the bike dies and note the odometer again. Subtract the first number from the second (that was the number of fuel miles left). . . then call Al (see above). grin.gif

Take the bike out and note the present odometer reading. Ride until the bike dies and note the odometer again. Subtract the first number from the second (that was the number of fuel miles left). . . then call Al (see above). grin.gif

HAR-DEE-HAR! Veeery funny. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Guess I deserved that,seein' as I overlooked the K12R at the bottom of the OP.

My thought would've been to run 'er 'til she chokes. Those range meters have been known to be off by 5-10 miles. Of course, you wouldn't have gotten to meet Al. thumbsup.gif

Albert, ROFLMAO!

Shawnee Bill

Well, I have neither a gauge nor a # of miles to empty, just an idiot light that comes on between 40 to 80 miles before it starts missing, and I do know I can go 6 miles after it starts missing.

All depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Yes, worrying about the fuel pump all six miles.

Archived