1st service later this week - I'm at 770 miles. Taking a 210 mile trip tomorrow

lthj75

Take the bike or am I better off leaving her home and taking the Harley? I still have the break in oil in her.....it it ok to near 1K miles prior to the 1st service?!? Thanks!

Firefight911

You're fine. Go ride and get it done when you get back. Just ensure the oil is in there and go ride. No warranty issues!

Have fun! thumbsup.gif

You're fine. Go ride and get it done when you get back. Just ensure the oil is in there and go ride. No warranty issues!

Have fun! thumbsup.gif

Sweet.....I was hoping I'd hear (read) that! clap.gif

I think I did mine at 1,100. No big woop. Have fun!

BTW, fill in more of your details, ie. bike, etc. Since we don't know which bike, it might be the type that granade at...how many miles did you say you had? grin.gif

ShovelStrokeEd

Go ahead with your trip and you'll be fine.

Anything in the 1000 mile range is good and you could probably extend that some at need.

If you want to be extra safe and careful, you could always change the oil and filter yourself prior to departing. It only takes about 1/2 hour or so and can easlily be done on the center stand, right there in your garage. It wouldn't be me doing it, I'd just ride it.

BTW, fill in more of your details, ie. bike, etc. Since we don't know which bike, it might be the type that granade at...how many miles did you say you had? grin.gif

HAHA! Ok, I have an '06 R12RT......Graphite Gray with a silver fairing. She's purdy! All options except radio and ESA. And I'm in the dirty state of NJ! thumbsup.gif

She'll have nearly 1K miles tomorrow night! WOOOOOO!

Go to the "My Home" section and put it in the signature line. Helps as some people just scream "HELP!" and nobody knows what bike. Based on your mileage, I doubted it was a '46 Indian. BTW, VERY nice bike. Enjoy the heck out of it. clap.gif

Archived