IGNORED

Tilting the 1200 RT Seat Backwards

Albert

Forgive me if this has been beat to death somewhere but my search yielded nothing. I know this has been around for the 11/1150 RTs but I haven't seen anything for the 1200s. My stock seat is OK (not great) but if I could get it to tilt more toward the rear I think it would improve a lot. On long stints it feels like I'm sliding forward. I've seen instructions for tilting the 11/1150 RT seat back but it appears that the front seat adjusters are different for the 1200s. If anyone has ideas or solutions for this modification to the 1200 RT I'd be all ears. Thanks in advance.

Albert, If you have the seat in the low position insert a piece of 1/2" round bar under the adjuster you move up for the high position. That will move the front of the seat up 1/2".

Albert, If you have the seat in the low position insert a piece of 1/2" round bar under the adjuster you move up for the high position. That will move the front of the seat up 1/2".

Thanks Wayne. I was actually experimenting with this last night. I took a section of dowel rod (approx. 3/8") and tried inserting it under the front adjuster and remounting the seat. The problem was this results in the front mount moving toward the rear as well as up so that the rear mount no longer lines up with the sockets on the frame. The result was the seat would slide backward and forward several inches but the rear mounts couldn't drop into the front (low) locating sockets. If you have any more details I'd really like to know. I must be doing something wrong with the placement of the rod. Thanks.

I'm surprised you can't get the rear in. I thought that the biscuts were rubber in the rear and you could kind of force it in gently. I read a post a while back that someone did this.

neil_wilcox

Albert,

I have a 2005 RT, and can place a rubber plug or piece of dowel in the lower slot in order to block that location. Then, raise the adjuster rod vertically to a position above the "spurs" on the adjuster frame. It is possible to gently force the rear rubber bumpers on the front seat to locate in the lower of the two positions. The rear seat will still locate and lock into place. This will raise the front of the driver seat about 3/8"...not a huge difference, but better than nothing.

LordHumongous
Take a look at this.
Ok I looked; now what? How 'bout an explanation confused.gif

If you look under your seat you will see that it has steps toward the back where it rests on the bike. So by using this modified mount like he has here it will push the seat back to set on the lower step but the front of the seat will still be on the high setting.......

Archived