IGNORED

Fuel Leak

I have fuel dripping from the catalytic converter, it seams to be coming from some kind of quick disconnect on the right side of the motor.

Is this a common problem and how can it be fixed?

David_Charlton

Hi Curt welcome aboard. There are small 'o' rings on the fuel line snap connectors that perish over time which are easily replacable,as I remember, there was a recall on the 1150's, most probably all other models also, just for safety reasons, David

just had the same problem this weekend....be very careful of those QD fittings. replaced one with a brass fitting from the auto parts store as mine broke when I tried to look at it. the other one got moved around just enough to become slightly apart and the bike wouldnt start. after a day and a half of trying to figure out whats wrong ended up loading bike on a rental trailer and towing to nearest dealer about two hours away. took them all of five minutes to find the problem but didn't charge me anything. If your ever in pomona stop by browns bmw and say hi to fernando dopeslap.gif

There was a recall for the O-rings, but I don't think it included the '02 model. Straight forward repair at any rate.

Archived