IGNORED

Extra light switch on RTP?

ednap

As listed in another thread I'm planning to add some driving lights to my RT.

Is the extra light switch used on the RTP for lights and siren available as an after market option?

If so, anyone know the cost?

Thanks.

Yes it is available. We call it the Euro Switch. Bought mine in Canada for about $170US. Perhaps it is sold in Aus/if not they have been available in the US. Fit RT thru year 2003. Someone not as lazy as me will come up with a part #.

There are several "extra" switches on the RT-Ps.

There's the "euro-switch", which is really just a regular off-parking-headlights switch. Then there are "auxiliary" switches, 2 switches to a side, that mount on the handlebars, just inboard of the combination switches. The switches are the same form-factor as the dashboard ones, the mounts each have room for two switches.

There's the "euro-switch", which is really just a regular off-parking-headlights switch. Then there are "auxiliary" switches, 2 switches to a side, that mount on the handlebars, just inboard of the combination switches. The switches are the same form-factor as the dashboard ones, the mounts each have room for two switches.

On my left grip I have the extra inboard controls for my radio.

I am refering to a similar setup for inboard on the right grip which is currently vacant.

Here's a close-up of the one I'm going to be installing on my bike.

I've got a list of the part numbers somewhere - I'll add it later if I can find it.

switch1.jpgswitch2.jpg

James Clark

There's the "euro-switch", which is really just a regular off-parking-headlights switch.

With the creative use of a pin extractor, you can convert it to an off-headlight-running lamp switch. With some wire-tapping, you can convert the 2nd position to headlights+running lights and the 3rd to fog or driving lamps.

With the creative use of a pin extractor

Where can I get a pin extractor? I've been doing enough wiring fiddling, that I'd like to try one.

From the fiche at Max's...(R1100RT, Vehicle Electrical System, Switch/Support Authorities)

01 07119906407 fillister head screw (M4X8) BUY 4 $1.05

02 07119932033 wave washer (B4) BUY 4 $0.50

03 61312317597 bracket BUY 1 $53.00

04 61132316865 switch housing (BEHOERDE) BUY 3 $19.00

05 61312315289 priority warning light switch BUY 1 $36.00

06 61132316866 switch housing, bottom part (BEHOERDE) BUY 2 $11.00

07 61312317246 clamp "rt" BUY 2 $13.00

08 07119919955 fillister-head screw (M 4X30) BUY 4 $0.90

10 61312305196 symbol signalling light (BL) BUY 1 $4.00

10 61311459361 symbol signalling light (SW) BUY 1 $4.00

12 61311459363 clip without symbol (SW) BUY 1 $1.00

12 61312305197 symbol clip, orange BUY 1 $4.00

13 32711459318 covering cap BUY 1 $1.00

Looks the same to me. Note that the ones I provided match mine, which are a bit different from the other pics. (bigger, boxier).

Thanks again.

Just I notice on my radio control the outer edge is curved but the inner face is square. Same set up in the photo's that Gregori posted.

James Clark
With the creative use of a pin extractor

Where can I get a pin extractor? I've been doing enough wiring fiddling, that I'd like to try one.

I just use a dental pick, but most electronic stores that carry Molex or Amphinel (sp?) connectors sell the extractors. They are just thin wall tubing that slips over the pin and compresses the latches.

Well I was lucky enough to pickup a new right hand grip inboard double switch mount for Au$95 (US$71.63) from my Motohansa contact. He had one in stock ordered for another person who didn't claim it. PERFECT clap.gif

So now all I need to is identify what type of Lights to run on my emp mounts (thanks again Pat) which are on there way to me.

Does anyone know if there are different switches for progressive operation? All the BMW switches I have found are on 1/off/on 2 or on 1/off/momentary 2. I'm looking for either off/on 1/on 1+2 or on 1/off/on 1+2. The parts sites that I have looked at don't note the operation. Buckster

James Clark
Does anyone know if there are different switches for progressive operation? All the BMW switches I have found are on 1/off/on 2 or on 1/off/momentary 2. I'm looking for either off/on 1/on 1+2 or on 1/off/on 1+2. The parts sites that I have looked at don't note the operation. Buckster

Use an on-off-on switch with a diode between the switched leads.

• 3 weeks later...
Here's a close-up of the one I'm going to be installing on my bike.

I've got a list of the part numbers somewhere - I'll add it later if I can find it.

switch1.jpgswitch2.jpg

I managed to pick up a new one of these myself.

Archived