IGNORED

Possessed fuel gauge

JohnBeaven

Yesterday by fuel gauge appeared to become possessed.

After refuelling it showed full as expected. But after starting the motor the LCD display "drained down". I checked ubder the bike - no fuel on the ground - so I rode off. A few minutes later the gauge "drained up".

Spooky... crazy.gif

Call your dealer and see if they have a new sender unit. Mine failed exactly the same way. Bi-polar and then kaput.

confused.gif

When you fill the tank and restart the bike it takes a few seconds or a few feet of travel for the fuel guage to reset itself and read the filled level.

Typical computer response to change after refueling. The computer has to register the change, calculate new 'miles to empty' and update the display data and fuel level. I'm not sure what the update cycle time is on the computer, and if it detects an anomoly in the calc's or fuel level (say taking bike off side stand and sloshing fuel around if you did not completely fill the tank) it will reset and recalculate. Mine takes 5-10 seconds from key-on after refueling to settle the display.

Mine acts odd on occassion. After I fill up it usually takes a few seconds for it to register. However it has taken several minutes on occassion. Also I have filled my bike and then gone straight home (about 1 km from the station). Sometimes when I turn the bike on the next day it shows half empty or something like that for a few minutes and then it kicks back in. Yours may be different (and may need repair) but from my experience it does act a bit weird at times. If it starts to do it on a regular basis I would have it checked out by the dealer.

Archived