IGNORED

Kayak Fishing Ride Tale

Whip

Almost embarassed to call this a RideTale(If the mods would like to move this to the "other discussion section go ahead)....Last week my bidness partner and resident redneck decided he had heard enough of my adventures and was gonna have a few of his own.

So he went to a sporting goods store and bought himself a Kayak...one of those peddlin kind....he doesn't like to work hard.....He asked me to join him on the maiden voyage...visiting a Redneck means knocking the dust off the Harley if ya know whats good fur ya..

This is me arriving at the boat ramp

80687824-L.jpg

This is his new toy...I didn't get jealous..it doesn't have a motor

80687878-L.jpg

After a few minutes of peddlin we were in "open water"..I sure hope the currents not too strong

80687860-L.jpg

I remember a storey about Kodiak Bears not being too thrilled about competing with fishermen for salom..I hope cows don't feel the same way....

80687851-L.jpg

I was starting to get worried when I saw all his friends...them my resident Redneck told me cows don't eat fish.....

80687850-L.jpg

BTW...He does have a Redneck

80687835-L.jpg

Look at the size of these monsters...

80687853-L.jpg

80687846-L.jpg

The fishin was so good the fish were tryin to jump in the boat

80687856-L.jpg

It was a beatiful day

80687831-L.jpg

80687862-L.jpg

80687868-L.jpg

Whip

Good Grief! That is some pretty serious bait fish you guys were using!!

80687853-L.jpg

80687846-L.jpg

What the hey were you going after??? eek.gif

Firefight911

Wellllll shoooooooooooooooot. Them thar fish otta fry up in a pan reeeeeeeeeeeal guuuuuuuud. Right next to dem french fried taters!

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Always wondereed what you were supposed to do with one of those things!

But seriously...some nice pix..thanks.

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

This brings to mind one of my favorite quotes:

Give a man a fish and you've fed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in his boat drinking beer all day.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. thumbsup.gif

My Gawd, that's the most amazing application of molded plastic I've seen in quite a while. There's a molded-in holder/hanger for EVERYTHING! Sheeeesh.

Whip, I hope you aren't bringing the Hawg to Wyoming next weekend.... I'm planning some twisties for ya and that beast just won't cut it. Now this is what I call a "lake", but I wouldn't take that little pop bottle thing out on this one....

83686340-M.jpg

This view is on the agenda for Monday. See ya!

Doug

Whip,

I like the HD...!! As for the boat, do you recall who makes it? I'm still looking for one up for our cabin, and from your description this might fit the bill.

I'd pay big bucks for a picture of Bob in that other peddlin' boat.

Regards,

Mike O

P.S. For pure fun, Blue Gill and Sun Fish are about some of the funnest' fish to reel in (Blue Gill turn sideways as you're pulling 'em in, so they feel like 5 pounders. 4 of those in a pan are good eats!)

Whip,

I like the HD...!! As for the boat, do you recall who makes it? I'm still looking for one up for our cabin, and from your description this might fit the bill.

I'd pay big bucks for a picture of Bob in that other peddlin' boat.

http://www.kayakfishingstuff.com/ri_fishing_kayak_view.asp?Fishing_Kayaks=23

Hobie Mirage..You can move pretty good using the peddles.

Whip

Archived