IGNORED

bmw roadside assistance

SANTA

so i'm coming up on my three year warranty and service plan anniversary. BMW just sent me a notice regarding the option to renew for1 or 2 more yrs. whats the current wisdom on the bmw roadside assistance? thumbsup.gif or dopeslap.gif

never really had any occasion to need it while on the road...

what say you all wise ones?

Depends on the services provided and price. KOA/Allstate will tow your bike (or car, or RV, or trailer, or both) unlimited miles to a repair shop for $89/year. I don't know what the BMW plan offers but if it can beat that, get it.

Depends on the services provided and price. KOA/Allstate will tow your bike (or car, or RV, or trailer, or both) unlimited miles to a repair shop for $89/year. I don't know what the BMW plan offers but if it can beat that, get it.
But is it available in Canada where the OP lives?

My only experience with the BMW plan was VERY good. The engine on my R12ST was running rough, and being under warranty I called BMW. They sent a tow truck to my house at the time I specified (right on time too!) and took my baby to the dealer I chose, not just the "nearest". Not a penny out of my pocket.

That's my 2 cents.

Lou

My only experience with the BMW plan was VERY good. The engine on my R12ST was running rough, and being under warranty I called BMW. They sent a tow truck to my house at the time I specified (right on time too!) and took my baby to the dealer I chose, not just the "nearest". Not a penny out of my pocket.
That's great to hear, but I'd be more concerned with the outcome (and cost) of a breakdown 100 miles from civilization than one in my driveway... wink.gif
but I'd be more concerned with the outcome (and cost) of a breakdown 100 miles from civilization than one in my driveway... wink.gif
happened to me last month. 160 miles from closest BMW dealer. They paid the first $100 of the tow, which worked out to around 32 miles. Look elsewhere, if you're paying extra for it.
160 miles from closest BMW dealer. They paid the first $100 of the tow, which worked out to around 32 miles.
Yes, that's why unlimited mileage is an important feature. Towing fees are very high and a maximum reimbursement amount (in dollars) may seem high but it often doesn't go very far, leaving you holding the bag and a potentially large bill. Personally I wouldn't consider a towing plan with a mileage limitation beacause for me the whole purpose of having towing coverage is to not have to worry about towing at all... vs. worrying about how far it might be. crazy.gif

RV Roadhelp. A little higher in cost than some others, but one long tow will more than pay for the difference of ten years of the fee differential.

160 miles from closest BMW dealer. They paid the first $100 of the tow, which worked out to around 32 miles.
Yes, that's why unlimited mileage is an important feature. Towing fees are very high and a maximum reimbursement amount (in dollars) may seem high but it often doesn't go very far, leaving you holding the bag and a potentially large bill. Personally I wouldn't consider a towing plan with a mileage limitation beacause for me the whole purpose of having towing coverage is to not have to worry about towing at all... vs. worrying about how far it might be. crazy.gif

RV Roadhelp. A little higher in cost than some others, but one long tow will more than pay for the difference of ten years of the fee differential.

I agree. The only reason I have it is that it came with the bike! so, I guess I saved some $$ afterall!!

Archived