Aftermarket seats

LocoOper

I am in the market for an aftermarket seat. Is there anyone in the Houston Tx area who would let me sit on their seat and help me make up my mind. Cee Bailey - Sargent - or any other bun relief seats. confused.gif Also anyone Use an airhawk? and is it a good alternative to total seat replacement? It will be on an 99 RT.

I bought the Airhawk's for myself and passenger about a month ago. They definitly help but I am still considering getting a aftermarket seat. We did 1600 mile trip with them a few weeks ago and were glad we had them.

I have a set of Corbin seats, you are welcome to sit on them. I still use an air cushion for long rides! Just sitting on a seat may not tell much, after about an hour in the saddle is what really tells the tale.

I've got an airhwawk (about $160) on my '98 RT. I like it okay- anything is an improvement over the old torture seats. The draw backs are: for people with limited inseams (I'm a 30 inch inseam) and with the seat on lowest setting- it still raises you about an inch. Also, some folks don't like them as it gives you a vague sense of "disconnectiveness" from the bike- after all, you are setting on an air cushion held onto the bike with two straps. But, like I say, I find it okay, even while hot-rodding it once in a while. If I didn't have major health problems, I would just invest in a Rusell day-long saddle, expensive but worth their cost from what I have heard from their many satisfied customers. Cost wise, it goes- alaskan sheep skin pad, airhawk, custom seats, Honda gold wing.

bakerzdosen
Cost wise, it goes- alaskan sheep skin pad, airhawk, custom seats, Honda gold wing.
Don't forget the $25 beaded seat in that list... smile.gif

Archived