IGNORED

I need to sell my bike

azkaisr

I rode 288 miles this morning (Palm Springs to my House) and did it in just over 3.5 hours. This was on a I-10 with stops for gas twice (each stop about 5-10 minutes, and one 5 minute other stop. Plus a couple of times I got caught behind big trucks passing other trucks. That makes my AVERAGE speed 90 miles an hour.

Worse part, the bike was just humming along and I never felt that I was going that fast..

Man the desert is nice at sunrise...afterward it all goes to hell.

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Day-yum!

You had me going there.... duh! cool.gif

I guess if you're going to ride I-10, you might as well get it over with! But you are 100% correct, the early-morning desert is beyond special... it's magical. And then... blush.gif

See you on the next one, OK? wave.gif

I have the same problem. It seems that I need to put a good cruise control on my RT because I find myself going 85+mph while I'm commuting to work and I really don't realize I'm moving that fast. I'm sure that the State Trooper won't accept my excuse--It's going to cost me a ticket.

Terry cool.gif

Screw those IL State Troopers grin.gif...Just move to Texas mate thumbsup.gif....We have 80mph from our place west for almost 500 miles clap.gifclap.gif!!!

I wish I could move out of Illinois. In a few years I can retire and move west--hopefully to the Helena Montana area. I know I can ride fast out there without attracting attention! cool.gif Big skies and fast open roads!!

We have 80mph from our place west for almost 500 miles clap.gifclap.gif!!!
True, but to enjoy it you'd have to do 200mph. wave.gif
We have 80mph from our place west for almost 500 miles clap.gifclap.gif!!!
True, but to enjoy it you'd have to do 200mph. wave.gif

Don't remind me...Wednesday mornin...200mph...uuuuummmmhhhhh????

Calvin  (no socks)

Tom, quit rubbing it in, we've got no desert East of the Mississippi. 90 avg. Hard to do in these parts. grin.gif

200mph thumbsup.gif

bakerzdosen

Uh, yeah. I was reminded of that this weekend coming back from Vegas. I've got a new Throttlemeister on my ST. I noticed that 80mph on the TM going up hill is NOT even CLOSE to 80mph on the way down that same hill. (or was that 90? blush.gif )

Luckily it seemed like most of those in authority were somehow tied up with the fact that half of Southern Utah was on fire last weekend. frown.gif So no one else really noticed my learning experience.

I wish I could move out of Illinois. In a few years I can retire and move west--hopefully to the Helena Montana area. I know I can ride fast out there without attracting attention! cool.gif Big skies and fast open roads!!

Yeah, and with a two-month riding season your exposure to John Law is much briefer.

grin.gif

Pilgrim

Archived