IGNORED

Headlight adjustment

aal3

On my 2004 1150rt, the headlight adjustment knob seems to just spin around, without any stop, and without any apparent movement of the light. Is there a simple fix? Thanks.

My 2000RT has a lever that swings up and down at the adjustment nut. If the lever is in the open position the headlamp will not adjust. blush.gif

04 RT is up-down. Check the phillips screw that holds the knob onto the shaft. Is it loose or is there a problem with that connection? Next, you can see the lever at the other end of all that technology under the headlight. Does it move when you turn the knob? I had a problem where the adjustment knob just kept turning, and it was because it kept turning even after the headlamp had reached its limit on the up or down. I reached in and flicked the lever under the headlight a few times while turning the knob obviously trying to figure out if there was any movement at all. The trick is to figure out how many turns will give you full up-down movement of the light. Play with it.

You may have an issue with the adjuster, but one thing to keep in mind is that it takes a LOT of turns for the knob to have a visible effect. I don't know what the count is stop to stop, but it's somewhere in the 20-30 turns range.

I stopped by the local dealer and they fiddled with it for a minute and now it seems to work. May not have had anything wrong to begin with. I didn't realize how many turns it could make, and how little each turn moves it.

Archived