IGNORED

Z Technik VStream Screen for R1200RT

graemer57

Have just bought a VStream screen from the USA, which was very good value at £124 including delivery, because of the good $:£ exchange rate. Customer service was excellent and delivery was quick. Here are my first impressions of running for about 150 miles with it:

At the lowest position, the screen really does shift the airflow away from around your head, making riding a significant amount quiter. I am 6'1 and, while the stock screen had not been a particular problem, the VStream is a definite imrpovement.

At the highest position everything is remarkably quiet. Can hear the radio through the onboard speakers better at higher speeds, and when using our Autocom both myself and my wife on the back need less volume, which has to be a good thing.

The screen is wider at the top corners and significantly reduces the buffeting I felt to my shoudlers (at every position) with the stock screen. I guess as well as being 6'1 I am wide too!

I can't comment on wet weather performance yet as we have been having 35 degree C days here in the UK this week! But given the above I anticipate the already good weather protection of the R12RT being improved by the VStream

Oh, and I think that the profile of the screen actually looks better than the stock screen and improves the look of the bike (see attached pic)

716560-Z2402.jpg.e987ef39f1f278f41d62aec025a03d7e.jpg

I am glad to hear that so far your vstream screen appears to be an improvement over the stock screen. I ordered mine a week ago. I was a little hesitant to purchase it but after reading nearly all of the posts regarding windscreens, (most of which agreed that the Vstream was a significant improvement over stock). I decided to make the investment. I'll be sure to post my impressions for others still pondering the upgrade.

Have just bought a VStream screen from the USA,<snip>

At the highest position everything is remarkably quiet. Can hear the radio through the onboard speakers better at higher speeds, and when using our Autocom both myself and my wife on the back need less volume, which has to be a good thing.

<snip>

Graeme,

Thanks for the report. It sounds as though the VStream helps passenger comfort. Could you (or another VStream owner) provide some details? We have an '06 R12RT and my wife, who is 5'10", tells me that she gets quite a lot of buffetting with the stock windshield.

my 5'6" wife likes the v-stream better than stock...

Same here. Just put mine on at the dealer today, and after the 70 mile ride home it gets two thumbs up thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif from both of us.

Still good air flow in the low position, and much quieter and smoother air in the highest position.

Ditto! I purchased the VStream at the MOA Rally and it was delivered Thursday. The test hop today was a two thumbs up from both the driver and pillion. Much smoother air flow than the stock screen. I'm 5'8" and my lovely bride is 5'4". clap.gif

Interesting how a thread regarding windshields degenerates to a discussion of my "toosh!" This almost sounds like the beginning of one of those Internet stings used by law enforcement to capture perverts.

Regarding my "toosh" (which has never touched a battery)FYI, the stock height seat suits my 30" inseam just fine. Approximately, 50,000 miles on a GS Adventure teaches one to deal with taller bikes. wave.gif

Hey, you guys are totally hijacking the topic, stay on point here rable rable rable….

My inseam is the same at 30”, can’t flat-foot my RT, but any lower and my legs would cramp being that close to the pegs...

I've had the VStream for about 500 mi now and am overall very happy with it. We've had some 100°F weather here and I think there is a little lower pressure behind the VS that pulls up a little more hot air than before, but not excessively.

Also I've added the GS style round mirrors for much better rear visibility. These mirrors cannot be adjusted to not touch and slightly move the VStream at full lock position, regardless of how low or high the windshield is. Doesn't seem to hurt anything though. This was not a problem with the stock windshield.

It is easy to adjust the windshield to where you look well over it and at the same time experience virtually no buffeting and greatly improved quietness. I'm 6'-2" and it works well for me.

thumbsup.gif

Archived