IGNORED

ABS cured thanks to forum

cabbage

I know this is an old subject but I just want forum members to know that their sharing of info really helps.

When I bought my 1100rt a couple of weeks ago the ABS was showing a constant fault.

After reading previous posts and advice on this board, the most obvious cause was a weak battery although the bike has never struggled to start.

The ABS fault did not appear until immediately after I had pressed the starter button and the engine was running. The bulk of advice was that this was a battery problem.

Here's the happy ending. I've just replaced the battery and no more ABS fault. Fantastic.

I want to have your babies.

Cabbage

I want to have your babies.

Cabbage

With an avatar like that, uh NO!

I'm sorry, I thought all RT riders looked like me. At least I haven't progressed to the sandals with black socks and smoking a pipe. Perhaps I should allow myself more time.

Cabbage

Just because most batteries will not supply enough starting current to the starter AND satisfy the stupid ABS voltage test after they are 1 or two years old. BMW 'fixed' it in the first generation of Integral brakes but almost all of the ABS-II bikes will eventually see the low voltage fault when the battery gets a little weak.

Mick

WOW!!! Nice walkthrough, Mick!! thumbsup.gif

We had that same problem on Leslie's Cruiser and found the problem through this site. clap.gif

The faults WILL come back in a few months.

confused.gif

I also had to replace the battery on mine, and occasionally since then the fault code has come up. what I am doing temparily is having a trickle charger on the bike for a half hour before I start the bike, since then no problems, and it seems good for that day.Eventually the wireing mod will have to be done.Seems like a good winter project.

Archived