IGNORED

Cee Bailey windscreens

chemman

Hi all.

What experience do others have with the windscreens from Cee Bailey? I'm 6'5" tall and ride my RT with the seat all the way up. I need a taller windscreen. I am looking at their euro cut screen about 4+ inches taller than stock. Any thoughts on their windscreens in general or the euro cut screen in particular would be appreciated.

TIA,

steve

I have the euro cut at that height. It is rather distortive when looking through

but at your height you will be looking over and the little flip at the top shoots air up and over your head.

I only used it for a day after I picked it up from the factory. It will be my winter screen as it is quite effective as a wind buffer.

Hopefully others can give you more info on the visual distortion.

I tried a +5 Euro cut, & didn't like the distortion. I'm 6'2" & looked over it,but the distortion was still a magor distraction.

I'm planing on a Ztechnik next.

Using the Eurocut at 4.5" tall and wishing I had gone with an 1" less. Quality shield and thicker than most other options.

I have owned two of their screens. One on my 04 RT and now one on my 05 RT and I love them. No distortion in mine. I have the Euro Cut version with light gray tint. My 04 screen was +2, +2 and the screen on my 05 is +1, +2. I am short at 5'7" so the +1 is better for me. The thickness is great because there in no buffeting like some others I have heard about and you can install them in about 10-15 minutes. Good luck with your search.

MichiganBob

I love mine. Have not noticed any distortion but I look over rather than through my windscreen, I got the biggest widest one they made so that my wife would be okay with the protection behind me. It works well. With the electronic windshield, I just lower it when I need more air. Also pleased with their light protector. Solid quality product and they back their products.

Ride safe,

Bob

I'm 6'3" and have a +4 Euro cut and really like it. There is distortion if you look through the curved part of the screen, but I've only done that while sitting stationary in the garage to see if I could detect it. When I'm riding I look over and never notice it. I got the clear, but a buddy of mine has the light gray, and it looks nice, makes me wish I had ordered the tint.

I've got a Euro Cut and it has been by far the best investment for my bike and passenger. Distortion? I don't look through the windshield unless I'm stuck in a car.... dopeslap.gif

I'm 6'3" and have the +3. No problem with distortion unless I look thru the windshield. dopeslap.gif

Probably could've gone with the +2 as I never need it fully raised.

Anyone closer to 6' have a recomendation on screen size? I'm 5'11", was thinking about the 3+/3+. Want to smooth things out a little, but don't want the 'barn door' option...

Anyone closer to 6' have a recomendation on screen size? I'm 5'11", was thinking about the 3+/3+. Want to smooth things out a little, but don't want the 'barn door' option...

The "flip-up" at the trailing edge really does a lot to get the air over your helmet. If in doubt between two sizes, go w/the shorter one. I wish mine was an inch shorter. I wish I could comment on the 5" 11" part...... frown.gif

I'm 6 feet even with a 34 inch (actual measurement) inseam, ride with seat in middle position on an 04 RT. I bought the CB #2 Euro cut windscreen in a +3.5" height. I usually run with the screen raised up about halfway and look over the top. This puts my helmet in still air and is pretty quiet. If I raise it up more it seems like I'm sitting too far behind the screen and I get turbulent air on my helmet. I often wonder what it would be like to have the +4.5" screen and be able to leave it lower and have it be angled back more. I'm sure glad I didn't go any shorter.

Thanks for the advice. I ride looking over the screen as well, don't want to get one so tall the screen has to be back too far too look over. So far I guess the 3" sounds right.

I also have a tall seat (Rick Mayer) and am 6'5". I got the +7.5" mostly to wipe out any chance of wind noise. Now, I have no noise and alot of bug guts on the screen. In the fully 'up' position, I look through the screen if I am looking on the road directly in front of the bike. Otherwise, I'm looking over the screen.

I have a full face helmet that I generally ride with sunglasses (non-tints at night) and the helmet's shield fully up. This gives me the best combination of quiet/ventillation that I've found so far.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Archived