IGNORED

An Alternative to Draggin' Jeans

David

I've been a fan of Gusset jeans for a long time, and I've sent a fair number of you there. I find them comfortable and well made.

Anyhow, they have just decided to develop a style with Kevlar, similar to the Draggin' Jeans stuff.

I don't know anything about them except that, but if you are a wearer of Draggin', you may want to consider this as an alternative.

(I'm not a fan of Draggin'--their sizing is weird, and I found them hot to wear.)

SAAB93driver

Since Levi's went offshore with production all the jeans I have are Diamond Gussets. I'd be interested in some kevlar ones if they had them, even better would be kevlar combined with pockets for armor pads.

I had this really sick idea of adding my own kevlar to jeans. I sourced the material and everything.

Then during my resent spill where hard impact was incurred it became apparent that kevlar alone wouldn't have helped.

So having intergrated armor is a must.

Draggin Jeans has it available for thier products.

So if Diamond does follow through with the afore mentioned product hopefully they can provide the same.

I also agree that draggin's vary in the fit.

Joe Frickin' Friday
I had this really sick idea of adding my own kevlar to jeans. I sourced the material and everything.

Then during my resent spill where hard impact was incurred it became apparent that kevlar alone wouldn't have helped.

So having intergrated armor is a must.

Draggin Jeans has it available for thier products.

So if Diamond does follow through with the afore mentioned product hopefully they can provide the same.

If they don't, you can buy the armor separately from the DJ folks - or directly from Planet Knox.

Lone_RT_rider

Just checking out their website and it looks like good quality stuff. Now, the question most of us hate to ask. Do they run small in size? Large? I usually pay about 34 dollars for a pair of Levi's so if this has just as good if not better quality then it might be worth exploring.

Shawn

Shawn, I find their sizing perfect. Maybe just a wee tad larger than advertised.

BTW, the place is owned/run by small town boys, very near Nashville. They have quite a local reputation.

Lone_RT_rider
Shawn, I find their sizing perfect. Maybe just a wee tad larger than advertised.

BTW, the place is owned/run by small town boys, very near Nashville. They have quite a local reputation.

I also noticed they do the inbetween sizes on request, which for me is a godsend. I have never quite fit the mold.... crazy.gif

Shawn

I also noticed they do the inbetween sizes on request, which for me is a godsend. I have never quite fit the mold.... crazy.gif

Shawn

A lot of us have noticed that. tongue.gif

First time I've heard of Gusset and I'd like to thank you for the info on em.

I'm going to make a personal visit to the store and check it out first-hand, since I'm close enough to do that. Looks like a fun and quick ride, too, so I suspect I'll do it sooner than later! tongue.gif

I'll let you know what I think--not that it really matters--when I get around to actually doing what I say! wink.gif

Again-thanks for the info-it's about time to update the wardrobe anyhoo.

Just got a retrun email - the pants should be available on their site in about 3 weeks - no details of materials used or construction...

I've been a fan of Gusset jeans for a long time, and I've sent a fair number of you there. I find them comfortable and well made.

Anyhow, they have just decided to develop a style with Kevlar, similar to the Draggin' Jeans stuff.

I don't know anything about them except that, but if you are a wearer of Draggin', you may want to consider this as an alternative.

(I'm not a fan of Draggin'--their sizing is weird, and I found them hot to wear.)

I have a pair of BMW Inotex jeans. Pockets with armor, gussets, lined with syn mesh. The Kevlar is woven into the fabric. Narrow legs and wierd sizes.

...I'm not a fan of Draggin'--their sizing is weird...

MAybe the apparent weird sizing is due to the the garments being coded by local Oz standards and shipped to a world market. We have the same confusion with clothing and shoe sizes from the USA, Asia, UK and Europe.

I live near the Draggin factory and it's a real advantage visit there and have them fitted as it is with any clothes.

Archived