IGNORED

Cee Bailey's Headlight Armor

fla_rider

Has anyone installed this on 1200RT? I'm not sure how to get the side panels that hug the headlight off, the guy from CeeB said he thinks they just pull off. This protector thing sorta sits under them a bit . If you've installed it you know what I mean. The one I had on my FJR didn''t require any sorta bodywork removal. This came as a bit of a surprise

http://www.ceebaileys.com/bmw/1200rtgrd.htm

I have this on my 1200RT. Installation does not require removal of any plastic. You can manuver it into position. During my first ride after installation, I heard a whistling noise for the first time. I stopped, removed the headlight cover, and resumed my ride. The wistle went away. I put it back on and the whistle came back. During the next stop I moved the cover up about 1/4 inch and that eliminated the whistle. I have a couple of stone dings on the cover now, so I am glad to have it.

I didn't like that the cover had to slip under the mirror fairings rubbing the paint so I e-mailed Cee Bailey's about it....They told me to mark ithe cover where I wanted it cut and send it back..I put masking tape down the sides and marked with a Sharpie, sent it back and it came back perfect....Good customer service....

I can't get my photo workshop to work well enough to reduce pixels (or whatever they are) to attach pic...

Anybody interested in pics send me an e-mail..

Phil....Redbrick

• 2 weeks later...

well I am now in the same boat, sharpie and masking tape. They will recut & reship but deny anything wrong with their template. Oh well, "whatever" ... good customer service but really sho¨ld make an effor to figure out what's going on. Was told that perhaps BMW has a problem with it's production. I appreciate your pics and note. First they denied they had ever had a problem like this, until I send them a copy of your note & photo. They then remembered and offered to fix mine as well.

Thanks again for your help.

well I am now in the same boat, sharpie and masking tape. They will recut & reship but deny anything wrong with their template. Oh well, "whatever" ... good customer service but really sho¨ld make an effor to figure out what's going on. Was told that perhaps BMW has a problem with it's production. I appreciate your pics and note. First they denied they had ever had a problem like this, until I send them a copy of your note & photo. They then remembered and offered to fix mine as well.

Thanks again for your help.

I don't think Cee Bailey's primary focus is on motorcycle accessories but airplane windows and bigger stuff so changing the mold probably isn't in the cards......Anyway, glad they are cutting it down for you...Please PM me a pic when you get it back and mounted....

Anybody else interested in a pic's PM me...

Phil..........Redbrick

They told me to mark ithe cover where I wanted it cut and send it back..I put masking tape down the sides and marked with a Sharpie, sent it back and it came back perfect....Good customer service....

Thanks for posting this. I'm in the exact same boat. I guess it's time to call them.

Wes Hsu

They told me to mark ithe cover where I wanted it cut and send it back..I put masking tape down the sides and marked with a Sharpie, sent it back and it came back perfect....Good customer service....

Thanks for posting this. I'm in the exact same boat. I guess it's time to call them.

Wes Hsu

Here's my cover in attached pic after Cee Bailey's cut-down...Finally figuring out how to get pics down to less than 75000 what-evers..

Phil.......Redbrick

1459546173_722259-CeeBaileysafter.jpg.6d8ccc6a32273be817be29e0da7cd202.jpg

Tim_Klassen

I installed the light armor on my 1200RT and didn't have it modified. It's close to the fairing but far enough not to touch or scratch and I think I'll modify mine as others have. At first it was a challenge to remove for cleaning but I've now got it figured out. By the way, I installed mine with only 4 of the velcro tabs and it won't fall off, makes it easier to install and looks better as well.

Tim

Tim_Klassen

Hey finkb,

Thanks for posting the comment about the whistling coming from the headlight armor. I installed mine almost the day I got my bike and didn't relate the annoying whistle to the armor. Thought it was the fairing or someting else. Thanks for noting that!

Tim

Archived