IGNORED

Which Size Dowco Guardian Traveler Cover for R1200ST?

Mike

This appears to be a good quality, compact half-cover, and has gotten good reviews. However, it's hard to figure out which size would be the best for my ST--I've got BMW sidecases and the small (28 litre) BMW topcase. Most of the websites list two sizes--a "medium" for sportbikes and sport-touring bikes, and a "large" for full dressers (some websites list the larger size as "extra large").

I'd appreciate advice on the proper size from anyone who's familiar with this particular cover.

Probably the Large. Why don't you call or email Dowco? They should be able to tell you in a New York minute. Another option is Tourking. http://www.tourkingcovers.com/

I have a Tourking 1/2 cover that is great for traveling. I also have a Dowco full cover that I bought for my R11RT. I think will fit the R12RT. I have no interest in either company and have been well served by both.

Why don't you call or email Dowco? They should be able to tell you in a New York minute.

Tried that. I called them, and they don't have any listings for the ST. They looked at other BMW models that they have sizes listed for, and the closest they could come was the R11xxRT, which calls for the larger size. My guess is that the larger size is what I'd need, but I was hoping that someone who's got a Guardian Traveler could give me an idea of which one to buy.

We use large sized Dowco's on our R1200RT and R1150RT..They aren't the shorties but full covers..Fit firmly and nicely with topcase and side cases on...

Phil........Redbrick

Thanks. I'm going to try the larger size (oddly, there are only two sizes for the Traveler, medium and extra large). Since I primarily want to have this for road trips, when I'll have the sidecases and the topcase mounted, I think it's probably the better choice.

Is the traveler an 1/2 cover? I would think in a full cover, the ST would use the same size as the R12RT, as the R11xxRT.

Thanks, everyone. I ordered the larger size. Though they didn't have a specific listing for the ST, the folks at Dowco thought the smaller size, which is for "sportbikes" would be too small for anything with sidecases and a topcase. This is what this cover looks like:

dow_legend_traveler_sprtcvr.gif

If it's too large, I can always get out the sewing machine and do a fitting. wink.gif

I ordered the XL size for my R12RT (with side cases and a Givi Maxxia 52 litre top case) and it was wayyyyy too big.

I ended up returning it and getting the large which fits perfectly. thumbsup.gif

Archived