IGNORED

Getting a tick....

NewtomeR850R

NewtomeR850R

I've had the bike running for about 2 weeks and I've put about 1300 miles on it. It runs great, but lately I've been getting a ticking sound coming from the left head (pretty sure its the left). What do you think this could be? Valve tap or a Valve spring adjustment? I called Bobs and there booked untill August 23 for service, so hopefully its nothing too serious. Any suggestions? Thanks all!

It is probably nothing. Mine tends to get a little loud when it is hot outside. A valve adjustment won't hurt, though.

Valve train tapping is usually either too wide of valve adjustment clearance or valve rocker end play clearance.

photojournalyst

Dealer said that ticking is normal. For what it's worth. I'm doing valves at the end of the summer, so I'll post to the accuracy of that statement, or otherwise.

Dealer said that ticking is normal. For what it's worth. I'm doing valves at the end of the summer, so I'll post to the accuracy of that statement, or otherwise.
On a solid lifter system, up to a point, he's right. The question becomes; how much is ticking is excessive ticking? Only comparison experience can answer that.

Archived