IGNORED

Brisk plugs long term.

John Dickens

John Dickens

A good while ago Brisk plugs made an appearance on the forum. I've checked out their website and they now offer a staggering array of plugs, none of which look like the design which first appeared.

Has anybody used these or is using them still and if so what's the long term report on them?

I've tried to search for them but I'm not getting anywhere fast.

I remember "Brisk Madness." When the discussion about Brisk plugs popped up on this board, there was a mad rush by dozens of members (we only had about 1500 at the time) to buy them. Some reported improvements in driveability. Most others reported problems, including one who burned a hole in a piston and was denied under warranty because of the plugs.

If Brisk plugs were a solution to driveability (hunting/surging) issues which affected a small percentage of the bikes at the time, BMW would have accepted them as an approved alternative spark plug, much as it has the R259 Techlusion.

IMHO, stay away. The percentage of improvement vs. no-improvement/failure is staggeringly against you.

We went thru "Brisk madness" in the F-150 Lightning community also. These engines are supercharged from the factory and with a few mods make a lot of power. They are also very very hard on spark plugs. The people using the Brisk plug at first liked them (of course, they paid too much!) but later durability problems arose. Broken conductors being common. Most are back to running the faithful NGK TR6.

I installed the Brisk plugs during that initial mad rush to get them installed on the RTs. These plugs did improve the rideability of my bike and I still have them in my bike to date. I've not experienced any problems with them thus far (fingers crossed) and I've also gone back to the Autolite plugs for comparison purposes and I definitely can feel a positive difference in the overall responsiveness of the engine with the Brisk plugs.

So that's my experience and I would be interested in hearing if anyone else is still using them.

Regards,

Tracy

Archived