Okay, next question.

CharlieAllnut

CharlieAllnut

Can a hand-held unit like the Lowrance iFinder Pro Plus be mounted and used effectively on a motorcycle? TIA

Can a hand-held unit like the Lowrance iFinder Pro Plus be mounted and used effectively on a motorcycle? TIA

You can mount just about anything with a little ingenuity. I don't know if anyone yet makes a bracket for that unit, but you could probably rig something up.

The bigger issue to keep in mind is whether this GPS is actually suitable for use on a motorcycle at all. Is the screen readable at a quidk glance, from, say 24" from your eye? Is it weather proof? Does it give street directions turn-by-turn? Most hand-held units are designed for hikers and skiers and not intended for automotive applications.

I don't try to use mine like a navigation system. It's just too small for that. You could easily mount it in the cockpit, but I would never try to read it on the fly. I carry mine in the storage space in the RT fairing or in the pocket of my Aerostich jacket and consult it when I am stopped. It takes up about as much room as one of the older Nokia cell phones.

Archived