IGNORED

Kisan SignalMinder

Heck

Anyone know an easy way to tap into the brake light line for the SignalMinder timer on a 2k3 RT?? I guess I could run a wire all the way back to the brake light, but there must be a better way...

Thanks!

Anyone know an easy way to tap into the brake light line for the SignalMinder timer on a 2k3 RT?? I guess I could run a wire all the way back to the brake light, but there must be a better way...

Thanks!

That's the way I did it for mine.

The timer function can be controlled by using a combination of turn signal cancel button and hazard button activation.

If you're using the SM5, I don't believe you need to tap the brake light wire. On my '02RT, I just plugged & played.

The timer function can be controlled by using a combination of turn signal cancel button and hazard button activation.

I think he is referring to the brake light sensor wire that starts the pre-selected time delay after the brakes are released. Maybe this is a feature is only found on newer SM5's?

Mine came with a clip on wire for that purpose. Only other way I can think of would be to find the brake wire in the wire bundle up at the relay box. Might just be easier to tap in at the back at the brake light. The supplied wire should be long enough.

Yes, this is what I am referring to- sorry if not clear before. Other functions work fine on SM-5...Just would like to be able to have timer deactivated when brake lights are on. Not too sure I want to perform delicate surgery on wire bundle as my old arthritic hands shake too much.... eek.gif

Sooo..... is there an easy place to find this wire or should I just run a wire all the way back and hide it with duct tape? crazy.gif

I think I looked a little for the wire up front too but quickly determined, as did you, that opening up the wire bundle would likely require the skill, or more importantly the patience (where I'm seriously lacking) of a neuro-surgeon. In the end, I just ran the wire to the back and zip-tied it to the main wire bundle going to the tail light.

DR

Ran mine back to the light and hid the wire. The add. benefit being it's easy to get to when it screws up.

BTW, I can't get my emergency flashers to go off when key is on. When key is off, I hit cancel and they go off. When I turn the key on, they flash again. The emerg flasher toggle switch is off but I do have the Kisan.

Ideas?

bob

Archived