IGNORED

Arai helmet liner cleaning tips?

CTRBLNCD1

Hey all! My 1 year old Arai Quantum II is starting to get a little soiled on the inside ( gotta love those hot florida day! thumbsup.gif ) and I think it's time to yank out the liners and wash them.

I haven't seen really any cleaning instructions, but is throwing it through the cold wash cycle in the washing machine ok? I'm guessing the dryer isn't a good choice, just letting it air dry may be the way.

Sound alright? Any other suggestions?

THANKS!

I would suggest hand washing, maybe using a soft bristle brush would help. I would not submit them to the rigors of a washing machine and air dry would be the safest. I'm checking the website, but they don't address care or cleaning so I submitted a request to their "help desk"

The instructions for my Nolan I believe (I don't have them in front of me) specifically recommend not machine washing.

ProductUser

I gave my Arai a shower. A little shampoo and a wash cloth made everything nice and clean. I rinsed it out really good and let it air dry for a couple of days (doesn't take long in the Arizona heat).

ProductUser

John Ranalletta

This has been posted before. Add some shampoo to the liner, wet thoroughly, place on head and spin it around. Do the same for rinse cycle smirk.gif.

I'd use a dishwashing machine in the kitchen before a clothes washer. That way it sits still and everything else moves around it.

All great tips, thanks! I will ditch the washing machine idea and probably hand wash with some shampoo or something like that, although I do like the dishwasher idea!

Dishwasher works great, I've done several that way. Just make sure you do not use the "heated dry cycle". You don't need it to be sterile! grin.gif

Archived