IGNORED

R1100RT motronic ecu

madbadger

I posted a help message some weeks ago now about my `RT wont start` its starting to look like the ECU has gone down, just wondered, has anyone got one for sale?

guy at the shop is borrowing one to try first, if mines dead, im gonna need one

Kev

Beemerboneyard.com website is showing one in stock. I have no affiliation with this company, just a statisfied customer. I have been dealing with Mike for over 4 years and have had nothing but good experiences.

Disaster guys....its the ECU the mechanic used one from another RT and it fired up straight away, he put mine on the other bike and same fault.......bugger!!!

so if anyone here in the uk has a ECU for a R1100RT or knows of one i can put my hands on pretty quick, id appreciate it.

Kev

Paul Mihalka

As mentioned before, beemerboneyard.com has one in stock, for $250. I'm sure he can ship international. Very reliable guy.

Found one, Devon BMW £175 all in......so i will have it running in a couple of days........anyone wanna buy it? near mint R1100RT full luggage tank bag service history newish tyres......10,000 miles `W`plate 2000 model.....in light blue

Kev

Found one, Devon BMW £175 all in......so i will have it running in a couple of days........anyone wanna buy it? near mint R1100RT full luggage tank bag service history newish tyres......10,000 miles `W`plate 2000 model.....in light blue

Kev

Kev, Only just noticed how close to me you are. Are you leaving the BMW fold ?

Dunno yet......if anything breaks i loose confidence, i originally bought the bike to do some touring on, furthest ive been is wales.....i cant really get on with the bike, i find it quirky to ride and it hurts my backside.....i know you can get one of those corbin seats but im not prepared to spend that much on a seat. thing is i cant think of another bike that would be good at what it does....i know anything can break down, its the first bike ive had break down on me apart from running out of petrol and punctures...even the guy who sorting for me cant understand why the ecu has gone, he said hes never known of one breaking...i suppose im just unlucky but it has dented my confidence in bmw...

I will ride it and advertise it, if i dont find anything, i will think about keeping it but if someone comes along and offers me the right money, then they can have it, shame really, its immaculate for a 6 year old bike, and i was pretty pleased i found one with less than 10,000 on the clock. the old boy i bought it from did 200 miles between MOT`s last year, he was giving bikes up as it was to heavy for him. Does look the bizzness with all the gear on though....

Kev

Clive Liddell

The guy sorting your bike out beat me to it - I also have not heard of an ECU failing. You don't pressure wash your engine by any chance? Sure way to ruffle the electronics.

I was also going to suggest that a later, so called, Comfort Seat which the 1150's came ouit with fits exactly and may be obtainable from the listed used sites. On either seat however it makes a big difference to lift the front of the front seat by spacers or washers (and longer allen screws) - around 12 to 15 mm is the usual lift found to be an improvement. Nothing else to be done.

The guy sorting your bike out beat me to it - I also have not heard of an ECU failing. You don't pressure wash your engine by any chance? Sure way to ruffle the electronics.

I was also going to suggest that a later, so called, Comfort Seat which the 1150's came ouit with fits exactly and may be obtainable from the listed used sites. On either seat however it makes a big difference to lift the front of the front seat by spacers or washers (and longer allen screws) - around 12 to 15 mm is the usual lift found to be an improvement. Nothing else to be done.

Just beat me to it. i have a spare comfort seat here as I replaced my 1150 seat with a lowered one. Kevin you are welcome to try out the comfort seat if you ride over. We are only 40 miles from each anyway and this is the weather for it.

Id like to try the seat if it wouldnt be to much trouble....just let me get the bike back on the road. I dont really want to sell it, but i thought it would be like an arm chair to sit on, it is but after 80 miles my backside goes to sleep and its reall uncomfortable and the qurkyness, well i will try to ride round it, its a different can of worms from my ZX10R i know i need to ride it differently.....the wife loves it, nice and comfy on the back and i like the full fairing it keeps the elements off you....would it be possible to try your seat?

cheers

Kev

Ah ha... ZX10R to R1100RT.. just a slight change then cool.gif I went from a hayabusa to a Pan European so I know where you are coming from.

You are welcome to try the seat out anytime. I will PM you my phone number and when you are back on the road you can ride over and try it out. Not sure I want to sell mine but at least it will save you wasting your money if it doesn't help.

EDIT... PM sent Kevin

Im hoping to get the bike back either tomorow or wednesday, i will rebuild it and hopefully pop round saturday morning, i said to the wife `do you fancy a trip to Norfolk sat` she said ok, so would i be able to borrow it for the trip to try it out?

Kev

Archived